Mario Kart 8 confirmed for 720p

#171squatch22Posted 5/17/2014 1:58:38 AM
king_madden posted...
squatch22 posted...
king_madden posted...
squatch22 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Another Nintendo lie. "All of our Wii U games will be in 1080p and 60 fps." Sure they are. And the gamepad has a huge list of "innovative" uses on the Wii U. Haha, that lie was even worse.

Resolution matters... until 900p/30fps

what about all the 1080p/30fps games? or the 1080/60fps games? has it been confirmed that any nintendo made games are hitting those marks? surely all those cartoons, one of them should be there, theyre easy enough.

if 900p/30fps watch dogs is next gen power, does that mean the wiiu 720p/30fps(if that) confirm that wiiu isnt next gen?

Problem is... MK is 60fps

1080p? i mean that is what i asked. 1080/30 or 1080/60 are any nintendo games hitting THOSE marks.

yet again your failure to comprehend handicaps your response.

@zerothma
specs dont matter at all, fanboys/trolls just like to use it to either brag or taunt. take people like our buddy squatch here. he likes to use it to "taunt". while he fails to even completely understand any of it. the next fanboy will use it to brag about how their game can achieve 1080/60, until word is its only 720/60 then it turns into "well i only really cared about 60fps anyway". I like to make fun of them when it happens.

No. But Sony fanboys brag about how PS4 is powerful, and that 1080/60 should be the standard ... until the games aren't up to their own standards
---
900p/30fps-The NEXT GEN POWER of 5GB GDDR5 RAM.
Pacman/Ms Pacman are racist, sexist and homophobic.
#172king_maddenPosted 5/17/2014 2:04:34 AM
lmao "no" what squatch? i said fanboys and trolls, meaning all fanboys and trolls.

we both know fanboys are the most delusional group out of any gaming circle. they were saying 1080/60 should be the standard before ps4 came out, then it came out and launch games werent, so why are we still talking about something that was debunked long ago? its far more fun to laugh at recent debunked stories.

to your comment though ps4 is the most "powerful" console. regardless of what dorks feel it shouldve been able to do.
#173Neo_HeartlessPosted 5/17/2014 2:43:08 AM
king_madden posted...
SamA7X posted...
I hear watchdogs on the PS4 will only run at 30fps at the best of times. If the PS4 was "so powerful" why is Watchdogs still only 30fps? Don't give any daft answers about the game being too detailed to be 60fps because The Wii U will be running the exact same game at a later date, according to you guys the gap between Wii U and PS4 is almost infinite. Explain this.

So because you had a flawed understanding of what "more powerful" meant you now want people to explain your short comings to you?

Ps4 is the most powerful home console out. Does that mean it will run anything that comes out on ultra settings? No, there are $800 PCs that can't do that so I'm not sure why you'd expect ps4 to do it. As for watchdogs yes it will be at 30fps, and wiiu will probably also be at 30fps but the difference being in resolution. Take project cars for instance ps4 is said to be hitting 1080/60 constantly while the wiiu version is confirmed 720/30. That's a decent size difference. Ps4 is stronger than xb1, which some view as a gap itself, xb1 is also stronger than wiiu, so that means that gap is even bigger.

Sorry to come back to this but... I'm pretty sure an $800 PC could run Watch_Dogs better than the PS4. At ultra settings? Maybe with the right components. GPUs are constantly being updated, new drivers released monthly, and you don't need an Intel i7 to play games at Max settings.

The PS4 is the most powerful home console out, but it's already so far behind PC that many games are having issues just to meet the standard of graphics demanded of this gen. You see, now that we know how weak the WiiU is by comparison, no one but the most blinded of fanboys expects too much of it. It's a shame MK8 isn't 1080p, but they hit that 60fps needed for racing games at 720p and for a console with the specs the WiiU that's pretty good.

But people like you and Lefty keep coming here telling us how the PS4 is the new standard and how it blows the WiiU out the water and yet... It can't even play last gen ports at 1080p@60fps, a standard that even a mid range PC could reach 2-3 years ago.

If this is the standard you hold dear, the future of gaming you're banking on, it's little wonder you're so mad you have to spend your time picking on the little guy to make yourself feel better.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#174GreatEclipsePosted 5/17/2014 3:05:28 AM
...I should just give up. I try to inject some reason into these discussions, hoping to turn a flame war into a chance to educate and give perspective on the subject people are arguing about, only for everything I say to be ignored. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

You guys, 60 FPS @ any resolution has everything to do with what the developers are willing to give up to get it vs. what they could have had at 30, not the specs of the machine. Ever if Sony had learned nothing from the PS3 and launched the current system at $600 with an equivalent boost in video hardware, I would expect to see a lot of 30 FPS games just so developers can make them look better in screenshots. If you think that shows a bad sense of priorities in the industry, then complain about that.

There are a lot of other things I could call out as well, but it would just be thankless task. I mean LOL @ complaining the PS4 design making compromises in the name of being affordable. As if $400 isn't already a lot of money to most people, and video games of all things justify a much larger price tag.
#175DarthFloatyPosted 5/17/2014 3:26:02 AM
The resolution is pretty irrelevant if that game looks awesome. The game looks awesome.

When in 2 years most non-exclusive PS4/XB1 (and some exclusive) games aren't 1080p or 900p, nobody will really care, as the games will look great. The majority of people, including gamers, can't tell the difference between 1080 and 720 when at a reasonable distance.
#176Neo_HeartlessPosted 5/17/2014 4:38:32 AM
GreatEclipse posted...
...I should just give up. I try to inject some reason into these discussions, hoping to turn a flame war into a chance to educate and give perspective on the subject people are arguing about, only for everything I say to be ignored. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

You guys, 60 FPS @ any resolution has everything to do with what the developers are willing to give up to get it vs. what they could have had at 30, not the specs of the machine. Ever if Sony had learned nothing from the PS3 and launched the current system at $600 with an equivalent boost in video hardware, I would expect to see a lot of 30 FPS games just so developers can make them look better in screenshots. If you think that shows a bad sense of priorities in the industry, then complain about that.

There are a lot of other things I could call out as well, but it would just be thankless task. I mean LOL @ complaining the PS4 design making compromises in the name of being affordable. As if $400 isn't already a lot of money to most people, and video games of all things justify a much larger price tag.

You must forgive a lot of the people here. Trolling is really all they have left.

And believe me, people do complain about the lack of 60fps. This isn't cinema where everyone thinks 24fps is the best thing ever because of muh cinematic experience. At the point of graphical fidelity we're at 60 fps really can have a much greater effect on how a game looks than more bloom or tresseme hair. It's a much harder benchmark for developers to reach though, so many don't bother.

I think that sums up this generation quite well. Path of least resistance. InFamous Second Son is a nice looking game with some great graphics... But it's also the most shallow of the 3 games content wise. Are we going to be seeing more of this in the games to come?
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#177RatheVPosted 5/17/2014 4:48:21 AM
RatheV posted...
Digital foundry yet?
#178HayashiTakaraPosted 5/17/2014 5:54:26 AM
RatheV posted...
RatheV posted...
Digital foundry yet?

Not yet, but the ponies are still trying hard to call it 720p.

Also, I'm lol'ing at the people I'm seeing posting here saying "resolution" don't matter, were the same who trolled here not too long ago, saying PS4 is da ubah! 1080p 60fps machine.
#17940DribylfPosted 5/17/2014 7:24:55 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
GreatEclipse posted...

You must forgive a lot of the people here. Trolling is really all they have left.

And believe me, people do complain about the lack of 60fps. This isn't cinema where everyone thinks 24fps is the best thing ever because of muh cinematic experience. At the point of graphical fidelity we're at 60 fps really can have a much greater effect on how a game looks than more bloom or tresseme hair. It's a much harder benchmark for developers to reach though, so many don't bother.

I think that sums up this generation quite well. Path of least resistance. InFamous Second Son is a nice looking game with some great graphics... But it's also the most shallow of the 3 games content wise. Are we going to be seeing more of this in the games to come?

I was with you until the end.

This is the first year of the generation. (Technically 2nd, but...) Games so far will not be meaty and brimming with content, and definitely will not be representative of how future games look or what future games will contain. This is only the beginning.
---
Rest in peace, DJ Rashad
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#180Falling DownPosted 5/17/2014 7:33:22 AM
I still play the n64 version, so as long as I enjoy it then I don't care what it runs at.
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies