Anyone ever had problems with 1st party digital Wii U games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone ever had problems with 1st party digital Wii U games?
1 year ago#1
Really looking to get the digital version of MK8, especially since I've had discs that look fine not work at all through Gamefly. I would've gotten it physically through Wal-Mart, but I really don't want to get burned. Yes, all my store bought new games work, but still I'm nervous.

I have plenty of space and would want the game always. Should I go for it?
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
1 year ago#2
Every single one of my Wii U games is, and will be, digital. I hate having physical discs cluttering my house, etc. and don't resell my games. They do fill up the space though, FAST! I have a 2TB external HDD hooked up to my Wii U at all times.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
1 year ago#3
My problem with them is that they're more expensive than buying them physically (you won't be paying 40$ for Mario Kart digitally anytime soon, while I've had it on preorder for a year at 40$ physically), and there are no advantages to these digital versions.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection
1 year ago#4
At launch they're the same price. And digital has tons of advantages -- no disc cases to keep, no discs to take care of, never have to switch discs, etc.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
1 year ago#5
SampsonM posted...
Every single one of my Wii U games is, and will be, digital. I hate having physical discs cluttering my house, etc. and don't resell my games. They do fill up the space though, FAST! I have a 2TB external HDD hooked up to my Wii U at all times.

Do they run well? Ever had a freeze, crash, anything?
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
1 year ago#6
PhoenixRush posted...
SampsonM posted...

Do they run well? Ever had a freeze, crash, anything?

Never had a problem.
---
1 year ago#7
Same here, I usually get games like mario kart and monter hunter digitally since I know I will play them a lot so it's also beter for the dvd drive.
---
3DS FC:0232 - 8810 - 7526
1 year ago#8
Jobocan posted...
My problem with them is that they're more expensive than buying them physically (you won't be paying 40$ for Mario Kart digitally anytime soon, while I've had it on preorder for a year at 40$ physically), and there are no advantages to these digital versions.

Between that and having the hard drive on this system being external, it's hard for me to justify digital at all for the U.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone ever had problems with 1st party digital Wii U games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived