What's the most overrated game and most overhated game?

#1Mandrew257Posted 5/16/2014 9:27:47 AM
Overrated: The Last Of Us
Overhated: Sonic Unleashed.
---
Not changing this sig until Nintendo announces a new Kirbeh Air Ride
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257
#2TalesRevenantPosted 5/16/2014 9:31:31 AM
Overrated: Xenoblade Chronicles
Overhated: FFVlll
---
Nintendo Fanboy - One who obsesses over or worships Nintendo, like it was his God or Religion/Someone who defends Nintendo as if it was his girlfriend.
#3userfrigginamePosted 5/16/2014 9:39:57 AM
To me:
Overrated- Red Dead Redemption
Hated- Call of Duty

Just my opinion.
#4TerotrousPosted 5/16/2014 9:41:20 AM
Overrated: I can't really decide between Final Fantasy X, Ocarina of Time, and Metroid Prime, but it's definitely one of those three. I would have included Golden Sun in years past, but people who played that as their first RPG seem to have realized by now it's not really anything special. I wonder if this will happen with FFX now that people are playing it again.

Overhated: Hard to choose because few games get enough hate to even qualify. If it could be a system, it's the Wii for sure. The amount of misinformation around the Wii ("only casual gamers ever played it and only for a few days and the sales show this!") is staggering. You'd think most people would have caught onto the fact that it also sold the most software last gen of any console and generally has a pretty good library.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#5StephenYap3Posted 5/16/2014 9:43:08 AM(edited)
Overrated: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
I think it's a great game, but not GOTY worthy in my book.

Overhated: Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is the better game in my book (but that's not saying much), but as a fan who loved the first two titles in the series (as well as SPM), I wasn't even 1/128 disappointed with this one for a bit.
---
They call me Ringabel...
#6ProPunkPosted 5/16/2014 9:42:35 AM
Overrated: Kingdom Hearts

Overhated: Shadow Hearts
#7ExDiosPosted 5/16/2014 9:45:14 AM
Overrated: GTA V
Overhated: AC III
#8AaronPHughesPosted 5/16/2014 9:51:57 AM
rated: RDR
hated: COD
---
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U
#9edgesimsPosted 5/16/2014 9:53:52 AM
Overrated: Metal Gear Solid 2 or 3 or 4 or Ground Zero (take your pick)
Overhated: Call of duty
---
English is not my first language, so excuse my spelling etc...
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 5/16/2014 9:56:11 AM
Overrated: Xenoblade. I get the feeling most of the people who think this is the best game ever never really played an MMO, a WRPG, or very many RPGs in general.

Overhated: Call of Duty (this board's target of choice for that "terrible" "dudebro" phenomenon). It sells well yet it doesn't murder my family. Guess we better hate on it because of that popularity. You're next, Minecraft and GTA.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter