What's the most overrated game and most overhated game?

#51Breastmilkn_DipPosted 5/16/2014 11:32:44 PM
Mandrew257 posted...
What's the most overrated game and most overhated game?

Most overrated? Way too many to name but among the high/lowlights there's:

the F-Zero series, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart, all of the TLoZ series post OoT

90% of the Wii's library of 'games' including Endless Ocean, Excitebots, Monster Hunter Tri, Battalion Wars 2, Dead Space Extraction, Fragile Dreams, Xenoblade Chronicles and the truly God awful Last Story

Wonderful 101, Darksiders 2, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, Nintendoland, New Super Mario Bros. U, Zombi U

70% of the PS3 library including Demon Souls, FFXIII series, GTA series, Valkyria Chronicles, Star Ocean 4, Skyrim, Uncharted series, Heavy Rain

Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon, Kingdoms of Amalur, NIER, Resonance of Fate, Mass Effect 2 and 3, King's Field series, New Horizons, Megaman series, Dragon Quest series, Radiant Silvergun, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, Record of Lodoss War, Maken X, Shadow Man, post PS1 Resident Evil and Metal Gear, Viewtiful Joe, the 'Tales' series, Shadow Hearts, Sakura Wars, Zone of the Enders 1 and 2, Steambot Chronicles, Persona 3 and 4, Fatal Frame series, Kingdom Hearts, DMC series, Max Payne, Ys TAoN, Dark Chronicle, KOTOR 2, .hack series, Xenogears, FFIX, the Gundam series, FTL, Planescape Torment, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, Myst, Riven, WoW, LoL, Flow/Flower/Journey, Lego inspired crap, Bit Trip and similarly retro styled garbage.

Most overhated? At a guess, I'd say FFXII.

---
"One game has the power to change everything" Iwata 30/10/13
"It is difficult to change our prospects with just one title" Iwata 31/10/13
#52HermeticJusticePosted 5/16/2014 11:34:54 PM(edited)
ITT: Overrated = I heard someone on the internet liked this

ITT: Overhated = Some on the internet dislikes this (or more specifically), I dislike this
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#53IndyJuniorPosted 5/17/2014 12:11:34 AM
Overrated: Red Dead Redemption

Overhated: Metroid: Other M
#54CSplitterPosted 5/17/2014 3:22:02 AM(edited)
Terotrous, don't bother with Tales. He's been mad at Xenoblade's reception and raving about how it is only thought higly though of becouse of Nintendo's audience since forever. Always ingoring that it recieved love even from the more JPRG oriented Sony community. The luke-warm reception of TLS made him even more butthurt.

Other posters at least care to start a decent agrument, with points and some basis.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8t1rzi1.gif
#55DChybridkingPosted 5/17/2014 5:13:50 AM
overrated: Majora's Mask
---
Fight to preserve that which inspires hope - Ezio Auditore
#56sketchturnerPosted 5/17/2014 6:02:17 AM
Overrated: Link to the Past
Overhated: Metroid:Other M
---
My top 5 games:Metroid Prime 2:Echoes, Shadow of the Colossus, Donkey Kong Country 2, TimeSplitters 2, Trackmania:Build to Race
#57HeyKaetsuPosted 5/17/2014 6:10:36 AM
Overrated: Xenoblade and Tales games

Overhated: Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2(LR can suck it)
#58UsabellPosted 5/17/2014 9:07:59 AM
Overrated: The Last Of Us, GTA V
Overhated: SM3DW, DKC:TF
---
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They are about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.
#59bandit__74Posted 5/17/2014 11:33:00 AM(edited)
Overrated: GTA4. Highest metacritic score and that game was pure @$$
Overhated: TLoU. Not the best game ever, but gets waaay too much hate.

Edit: I am going based purely on games I have played.
#60Mandrew257(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 11:34:10 AM
bandit__74 posted...
Overrated: GTA4. Highest metacritic score and that game was pure @$$
Overhated: TLoU. Not the best game ever, but gets waaay too much hate.

Edit: I am going based purely on games I have played.

TLOU is stuck in the middle.
---
Not changing this sig until Nintendo announces a new Kirbeh Air Ride
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257