Has Digital Foundry ever been wrong?

#21icarus231Posted 5/18/2014 9:16:42 AM
DaLagga posted...
icarus231 posted...
He asked for a time when they were wrong. I gave it
You stated nothing was better. I gave an example.

The wii u processor is more powerful then 7 gen, its video is better and its memory is better. How hard is that to comprehend. Let me also remind you power means nothing.

First, I never said DF was always right, but they are correct the vast majority of the time. But you never gave an example of where they were wrong because they weren't wrong about the Wii U. Second, I never said that no game was better. Naturally, there will be a few games that the Wii U will handle better than the x360/PS3 while there will be others that it won't be able to handle as well. It was the same with the x360 vs the PS3. Some game types just worked a bit better on the x360 (open world) while others worked a bit better on the PS3 (corridor shooters). But neither system was significantly more capable than the other and the Wii U is no different.

Finally, the Wii U's CPU is most certainly not as fast as what is in the x360 or PS3. It is objectively slower and a number of devs have commented on this fact. Further reinforcing it is the fact that every single CPU intensive game out there runs worse on the Wii U. How hard is this for you to comprehend? No matter how well optimized a game is for the Wii U, if it is in a genre that is typically CPU reliant then it isn't going to be able to power past the x360 or PS3. And let me remind you that power matters a whole hell of a lot because if a system isn't powerful enough to handle modern games, then you're not going to have much to play.

Your lack of knowledge is disturbing
---
NNID: Icarus231
PSN: Icarus_231
#22godplaysSNESPosted 5/18/2014 10:16:23 AM
Wii U fanboys claim the Wii U versions don't get optimized, and then totally neglect how the PC versions run on older/slower hardware.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#23icarus231Posted 5/18/2014 5:15:26 PM
godplaysSNES posted...
Wii U fanboys claim the Wii U versions don't get optimized, and then totally neglect how the PC versions run on older/slower hardware.

Two completely different things
---
#24godplaysSNESPosted 5/19/2014 3:21:29 AM
icarus231 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

Not really. The Wii U should under no circumstances perform worse than a similar PC.
---
#25nonexistingheroPosted 5/19/2014 3:31:16 AM
Ignore DaLagga, he's one of the worst trolls

Anyway, Digital Foundry has been wrong in various instances, usually as a result of their bias. I also read a few times that they made a version look worse on purpose.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#26godplaysSNESPosted 5/19/2014 3:38:18 AM
nonexistinghero posted...

Anyway, Digital Foundry has been wrong in various instances, usually as a result of their bias. I also read a few times that they made a version look worse on purpose.

So Digital Foundry is biased?

I guess that Digital Foundry's praise of Mario 3D World must be ignored then
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-super-mario-3d-world
---
#27icarus231Posted 5/19/2014 5:29:18 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
icarus231 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

Not really. The Wii U should under no circumstances perform worse than a similar PC.

Except that its 2 different architectures which infact makes it need different optimization.
---
#28nonexistingheroPosted 5/19/2014 5:32:46 AM
godplaysSNES posted...

So Digital Foundry is biased?

I guess that Digital Foundry's praise of Mario 3D World must be ignored then
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-super-mario-3d-world

Just because they sometimes praise something it doesn't mean they aren't biased. And with exclusives they have no reason to make the system look worse compared to other systems since there's only 1 version of a game.
---
#29nonexistingheroPosted 5/19/2014 5:38:21 AM(edited)
icarus231 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
icarus231 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

Except that its 2 different architectures which infact makes it need different optimization.

PC versions are generally not optimized very well. They have to brute force their way to run things. Meanwhile, console versions are much better optimized, since they don't have to account for changing settings. Even with the different architecture, an optimized Wii U version should still ALWAYS run better than a PC with similar hardware specs because of this. Keep in mind that a low-budget modern PC ($300-$400) is still more powerful than a Wii U.
---
#30icarus231Posted 5/19/2014 5:39:22 AM
icarus231 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
icarus231 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

PC versions are generally not optimized very well. They have to brute force their way to run things. Meanwhile, console versions are much better optimized, since they don't have to account for changing settings. Even with the different architecture, an optimized Wii U version should still ALWAYS run better than a PC with similar hardware specs because of this.

Problem with that is we still don't know the hardware so you really cant equate it to any pc specs. You can assume like the people who troll on here but in reality only Nintendo really knows it capability
---