The gamepad is a silly idea.

#1NickTheBlitzPosted 5/16/2014 1:49:31 PM(edited)
Gamers clearly don't like having a second screen, especially as a map or inventory.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nintendo-ds-has-been-a-massive-success

Only Nintendo would resort to cheap gimmicks in hopes of disguising their rehashes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.assassin.blackflag

Real, hardcore gamers would never want to look at a second screen, away from the TV, in order to pretentiously "enhance" their gaming experience.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-live-mini-map-now-available-on-your-phone-or-tablet-as-you-play/1100-6419695/

Nintendo clearly didn't know what they were doing when they created the Wii U gamepad.
---
"Love, hope, faith. The greatest of these: love."
#2NikraPosted 5/16/2014 1:57:24 PM(edited)
And gamers hated the Wii Motion Controller. Surprise, surprise: Both MS and Sony has it now.
And since you haven't even tried it out: In most Wii U games, the Gamepad is optional.
#3Citan22Posted 5/16/2014 1:58:40 PM
gamers certainly can appreciate the second screen. moreover, every non-wii u-owning-gamer i've ever had a conversation with is genuinely interested in knowing how the gamepad is. almost always, their big concern is with how big and uncomfortable looking it is.

they all get that even simple stuff like having access to menus and maps on a separate screen can enhance the way we play games.. they just don't like the shape. and can you blame them? i'm pretty certain every single one of us here would be able to design a better looking controller w/ screen.
---
~ BONEPILL
#4wh0_kn0wsPosted 5/16/2014 1:58:49 PM
you can't make a topic that isn't stupid and expect to get replies
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#5bigjnycPosted 5/16/2014 2:06:44 PM
Personally I like the second the second screen I like the layout of the controller which for the most part is like every other controller out there except the right stick which took me 2 mintues to get used to now its second nature to me. I have no problem if the screen mirrors whats on the tv screen I would rather use it for a map or menu as long as its not a black screen. The only thing I think is the digital triggers those really should have been pressure sensitive
---
XBL Mii Verse-bigJnyc. Feel free to add me message me Gamefaqs. I get Nintendo systems for Mario and Zelda Xbox systems for Halo and Gears of War
#6b1gt0nePosted 5/16/2014 2:08:14 PM
bigjnyc posted...
Personally I like the second the second screen I like the layout of the controller which for the most part is like every other controller out there except the right stick which took me 2 mintues to get used to now its second nature to me. I have no problem if the screen mirrors whats on the tv screen I would rather use it for a map or menu as long as its not a black screen. The only thing I think is the digital triggers those really should have been pressure sensitive
#7Maverick_ReznorPosted 5/16/2014 2:10:11 PM
Man, you must have been born yesterday or else you would know about the DS
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, Dark Souls 2, Bound by Flame
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886
#8king_maddenPosted 5/16/2014 2:22:57 PM
Ds is a little different 2 screens in the palm of your hand separated by not even an inch, is a little different than one screen in your hand and the other on the TV. Most don't game with the controller straight in front of their face.

Gamepad was only a bad idea because it was a rushed idea, the range, and number of players being my reasons for that. I can't say a off TV feature that a lot of people struggle to get out the room and only allows one player to use it were the ideal specs.
#9NickTheBlitz(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 3:59:22 PM
wh0_kn0ws posted...
you can't make a topic that isn't stupid and expect to get replies

So I've learned.
---
"Love, hope, faith. The greatest of these: love."
#10Kamiya_HidekiPosted 5/16/2014 4:00:25 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/69244982