The gamepad is a silly idea.

#11SirkPosted 5/16/2014 5:09:26 PM
I don't like the Wii U pad, but I do think the touchpad on the DS/3DS is fantastic. Probably because my thumbs can reach it and I don't have to look down from a distant screen.
---
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.
#12Xuande12Posted 5/16/2014 5:33:02 PM
Nikra posted...
And gamers hated the Wii Motion Controller. Surprise, surprise: Both MS and Sony has it now.
And since you haven't even tried it out: In most Wii U games, the Gamepad is optional.

And now is that working out for them?
---
Stop complaining about your massive backlog and just administer an enema already.
#13NikraPosted 5/16/2014 5:39:46 PM
Xuande12 posted...
Nikra posted...
And gamers hated the Wii Motion Controller. Surprise, surprise: Both MS and Sony has it now.
And since you haven't even tried it out: In most Wii U games, the Gamepad is optional.

And now is that working out for them?

Eh? I need someone to translate this into English, please.
#14n00bsaib0tPosted 5/16/2014 5:40:07 PM
Citan22 posted...
gamers certainly can appreciate the second screen. moreover, every non-wii u-owning-gamer i've ever had a conversation with is genuinely interested in knowing how the gamepad is. almost always, their big concern is with how big and uncomfortable looking it is.

they all get that even simple stuff like having access to menus and maps on a separate screen can enhance the way we play games.. they just don't like the shape. and can you blame them? i'm pretty certain every single one of us here would be able to design a better looking controller w/ screen.

Looking is the key word here. It's pretty damn comfortable once you actually get your hands on it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#15king_maddenPosted 5/16/2014 8:06:26 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Citan22 posted...
gamers certainly can appreciate the second screen. moreover, every non-wii u-owning-gamer i've ever had a conversation with is genuinely interested in knowing how the gamepad is. almost always, their big concern is with how big and uncomfortable looking it is.

they all get that even simple stuff like having access to menus and maps on a separate screen can enhance the way we play games.. they just don't like the shape. and can you blame them? i'm pretty certain every single one of us here would be able to design a better looking controller w/ screen.

Looking is the key word here. It's pretty damn comfortable once you actually get your hands on it.

But when something looks uncomfortable and maybe feels that way at first, it turns people off not many want to drop 300 on something just in case they might get use to it eventually, so in that sense looking odd is a big turn off for some.
#16n00bsaib0tPosted 5/16/2014 8:29:31 PM
king_madden posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Citan22 posted...

But when something looks uncomfortable and maybe feels that way at first, it turns people off not many want to drop 300 on something just in case they might get use to it eventually, so in that sense looking odd is a big turn off for some.

I get that. Trust me I was one of the guys that bought my WiiU with a pro controller. I'm just saying the game pad was a lot better on the hands than I thought it would be just from looking at it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#17RoboXgp89Posted 5/16/2014 8:32:07 PM
I kind of hate hardcore gamers not wanting to deviate from old style controls I mean in some ways I prefer PC at times

that's why all the games coming out this year are also coming out on 7th gen systems

it makes total sense..
#18ALinkAlonePosted 5/16/2014 8:54:31 PM
In all honesty-

The DS wouldn't have been a massive success if it hadn't gotten some incredible amounts of support.

Gamers won't buy a system unless it has the games they want. And right now there really aren't a whole lot of those on the Wii U.

And that's the whole truth. Whether it has a regular controller, a motion controller or a big touch screen- it's all about game support.
#19king_maddenPosted 5/16/2014 9:01:12 PM
RoboXgp89 posted...
I kind of hate hardcore gamers not wanting to deviate from old style controls I mean in some ways I prefer PC at times

that's why all the games coming out this year are also coming out on 7th gen systems

it makes total sense..

its not really so much hardcore gamers though, its more the average crowd. people are assuming people are scared off by the gamepad, but for all we know they just dont care about what the wiiu is/will be bringing to the table.
#20Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 5/17/2014 7:21:15 AM
Gamepad is idiotic. Stop defending it when Nintendo itself isn't even using it.
---
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U!