The gamepad is a silly idea.

#21SegavsCapcomPosted 5/17/2014 7:38:33 AM
On second thought, let's not go to GameFAQs. Tis a silly place.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#22trenkenPosted 5/17/2014 7:39:49 AM
The U not selling has nothing to do with how the gamepad looks or feels. It feels comfortable, its that there isnt really any games that the masses want that use the screen in any sort of compelling way.

So when you remove that, theres nothing left here but a $300 underpowered system that almost noone is making games for outside of nintendo and a few others. Very tough sell.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#23GEKGanonPosted 5/17/2014 7:47:22 AM
If you think the gamepad is silly, you should check out Camelot. It is a silly place.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#24DemonedgePosted 5/17/2014 9:21:26 AM
I tried the gamepad in HMV the day the Wii U was released. It was a Rayman Legends Demo. I couldn't get Rayman to do what I wanted to using the pad, and it put me off the console. I also didn't find it comfortable in the slightest, and don't really see much point in having a screen on the controller when I am supposed to be looking at the TV.
Now I have done my research I know how useful the screen can be for games like Zombie U, but it's not a selling point for the Wii U. It's off putting.
---
The enemy of your enemy is your friend.
#25n00bsaib0tPosted 5/17/2014 10:16:00 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
Gamepad is idiotic. Stop defending it when Nintendo itself isn't even using it.

Not using it doesn't mean its idiotic. It's obviously a smash hit concept when Nintendo's best selling console of all time, and the second best selling console of all time period, used the same concept. The DS flat out proves you wrong. A lack of support for the WiiU doesn't make the game pad idiotic or change what it is.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#26John_MagnumPosted 5/17/2014 10:22:02 AM
wh0_kn0ws posted...
you can't make a topic that isn't stupid

quoted for truth
#27MinamoPosted 5/17/2014 10:43:55 AM(edited)
It's a great idea in theory, and we have evidence of its success in the DS and 3DS. However, the human eye's ability to focus vision isn't built to be responsive enough to make constant viewing-distance changes between something in your hands and something multiple feet away, so it's less than optimal for most genres. Honestly, I'm surprised this issue didn't come up very early in hardware development; I mean, it had to have, but they simply chose to ignore it and press on, for better or worse I guess.
#28wh0_kn0wsPosted 5/17/2014 10:36:40 AM
John_Magnum posted...
wh0_kn0ws posted...
you can't make a topic that isn't stupid

quoted for truth

that's cold
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#29sockesockePosted 5/17/2014 10:39:02 AM
the idea is pretty good, the execution not so much.
---
Tzuba12:Microsoft: Bringing gamers together ONE console at a time.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#30DeathSoul2000Posted 5/17/2014 10:47:17 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
Gamepad is idiotic. Stop defending it when Nintendo itself isn't even using it.

How about you people stop bashing it and asking for it to be removed from the console.