Your Reaction: Game you are playing - Completion: 97%

#11NovaLevossidaPosted 5/16/2014 8:13:02 PM
If you're at 97% completion, most likely the game stopped being about fun and started being about completion at around 75-80%, so you might as well.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#12HermeticJusticePosted 5/16/2014 8:13:56 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
If you're at 97% completion, most likely the game stopped being about fun and started being about completion at around 75-80%, so you might as well.

or you GAVE UP
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#13LatchKeyKidPosted 5/16/2014 8:49:03 PM
A lot of the time that last 3% is some kind of glitch so **** it and the devs who let it through!
#14Enigma149Posted 5/16/2014 8:50:53 PM
Uh, f*** yeah I do.

Unless there's a glitch that stops me from doing it, or it's some online thing I can't get because it's passed. Then I burn the game in a fire.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#15cavebear56Posted 5/16/2014 9:08:04 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
If it's post-game, tedious, and doesn't unlock anything particularly interesting, I'll leave it for another game. Might come back to it some day and finish it off, might not.

This.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#16GnarKillsPosted 5/16/2014 10:06:05 PM
As long as I don't miss a ton of stuff or side quests I don't mind beating the game and not getting every single item or secret. I mainly look at Final Fantasy X for this. Easily 150+ hours with story beat but missing a few things.
---
PSN - TheCheesy1
Current Systems: PS4, Wii U, 3DS Zelda OoT Edition
#17Robo-sanPosted 5/16/2014 10:18:35 PM
I only complete games I really liked.

Sometimes games fool me into thinking they're good, but then they go downhill after some halfway point and I just want to hurry up and beat it.

Those would probably be 80% complete or less.

Most Mario games, every Zelda, Final Fantasy, Mother 1~3, Xenoblade, Sonic Colors, Mischief Makers, Metroid Prime, etc...

Games I hurried up just so people didn't use stupid arguments like "didn't beat it so I can't criticize" are those like Sonic Generations, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Duck Tales, etc...
---
http://www.backloggery.com/lucmiceli
#18SyCo_VeNoMPosted 5/16/2014 10:22:06 PM(edited)
If its Epic Mickey 2 on the Wii U I wouldn't as its not possible to 100% it cause I read they forgot to put a platform or 2 in the Wii U version that is in every other version. I can only base this on what people have said that played the Wii U version Vs the other systems versions.(and people say the 3rd parties didn't half ass Wii U ports)

Outside that depends on what I have to do for that 3%. If its 20 hours of mindless grinding no. If its something fun that I wouldn't mind doing sure.
#19nonexistingheroPosted 5/17/2014 3:30:55 AM
I don't feel obliged to 100% a game if I don't enjoy it. If a game is fun enough I may go for 100%. If getting 100% in a fun game is tedious I will just ignore getting 100% and enjoy the game in my own way. If it's an easy 100% in a decent game I may go for it. If it requires more than that... chances are I'll be bored of the game long before I can reach 100%.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.