The Most Heart-Wrenching moment in a Nintendo game?

#1TheMisterManGuyPosted 5/16/2014 6:00:49 PM
What was the most tearjerkingly sad moment you have come accross in a Nintendo game? For me, it's the ending to Super Paper Mario. I never thought a game that was so tounge-in-cheek could make me tear up.
#2Steel_ShadowsPosted 5/16/2014 6:01:49 PM
Bobbery's story in TTYD brought the manly tears, man.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.
#3MonicasBackPosted 5/16/2014 6:08:08 PM
My heart was very heavy in Ocarine of Time when I found out I couldn't skip the hour long great deku tree cutscene.
---
Monicaaa
#4Maverick_ReznorPosted 5/16/2014 6:11:28 PM
Team rocket killing cubone's mother. Those bastards will pay with their lives after I blast my foot of in their ass.
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, Dark Souls 2, Bound by Flame
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886
#5Shadowbird_RHPosted 5/16/2014 6:29:09 PM
Personally, I felt terrible about killing Helmaroc. After all, he's the first awesome thing you see in the game, practically the game's mascot if you ask me, and whether he's a bumbling villain or a misunderstood benefactor, everything he does, from bringing the pirates to Outset Isle and dropping Tetra for Aryll, to showing Ganondorf to Link and tossing him out to be picked up by King of Red Lions, to killing the enemies in the flooding tower and using his body to keep Link from confronting Ganondorf with a Master Sword that's been robbed of its power, all seem to end up beneficial or benevolent and makes it hard for me to see Helmaroc as an evil monster. That, plus how inept he is in battle, crashing into tower walls and crying when he gets stuck, made me feel awful about the whole thing. I wish I'd known about the Zombie Hover glitch back then.

Maybe that's just because I'm weird, so for something perhaps more relatable...

Learning the truth in Link's Awakening, and the game's ending. I mean, yeah, it's kinda implied from the start, but when you actually have to face the fact of it, it's pretty heavy that you pretty much have to destroy the world to save yourself, even if the world is only a dream.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#6EndgamePosted 5/16/2014 6:45:46 PM
the ending of Chapter 5 in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of Holy War

a plot twist even today very few companies have the balls to pull off, but Nintendo did.....

okay, maybe it's more rage inducing than sad..... but still ****ing depressing either way

for those who want a summary of this event from a game you never played: your entire group gets executed as traitors

yes, seriously, all your characters get killed off, in a Nintendo game

but don't worry, the next half of the game involves their children avenging them!

---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#7NovaLevossidaPosted 5/16/2014 6:52:16 PM
Endgame posted...
the ending of Chapter 5 in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of Holy War

a plot twist even today very few companies have the balls to pull off, but Nintendo did.....

okay, maybe it's more rage inducing than sad..... but still ****ing depressing either way

for those who want a summary of this event from a game you never played: your entire group gets executed as traitors

yes, seriously, all your characters get killed off, in a Nintendo game

but don't worry, the next half of the game involves their children avenging them!

Lufia did it better. >_>

*runs away*
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#8HermeticJusticePosted 5/16/2014 6:56:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9RatheVPosted 5/16/2014 6:58:38 PM
Not as great as the Fire Emblem example, and not really the most heart-wrenching thing, but Brenner's death from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (Dark Conflict) felt pretty well-done to me.

I kept expecting some sort of revival ass-pull, since we never even saw a body, but it was played entirely straight.
#10JiZamezPosted 5/16/2014 6:59:15 PM
When I finished Chrono Trigger back in '97 and sold it to my friend for Playstation money because Nintendo screwed the pooch with the N64.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/MapleStory