NRDC finds Wii U to be much better for the environment than PS4 and Xbox One

#11Sad_FacePosted 5/16/2014 9:07:11 PM(edited)
They say the Wii U's power brick is rated at 73 W, so it should be able to draw at least 60 at max (nothing's 100% efficient). So I suppose that's a good hint that games out for the Wii U now aren't taxing the system. This can be argued with how the last Need For Speed game had a good deal of improvements on the Wii U compared to the PS360 counterparts and the PS360 still draws a good deal more power than the Wii U.
---
http://i.imgur.com/YYsr5Fo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Ggm1rlp.gif
#12RoboXgp89Posted 5/16/2014 9:18:17 PM
power usage is a longevity thing not really a graphics power thing unless you're over clocking a computer part, which i am not a fan of, I'd rather just buy something of good quality
#13DynoStretchPosted 5/16/2014 9:41:21 PM
jragon23 posted...
yep, wii u is like a tricycle, whereas ps4 and xbone are your Lamborghinis and ferraris

So it'd be cheap to maintain and easy to use while the others are expensive as hell and require you to keep putting money into them daily to keep them running?
---
Remember: Nintendo is more violent than Playstation and Microsoft COMBINED... They just don't show blood.
3DS Friend Code - 4038-6134-6884
#14HermeticJusticePosted 5/16/2014 9:46:18 PM
DynoStretch posted...
jragon23 posted...
yep, wii u is like a tricycle, whereas ps4 and xbone are your Lamborghinis and ferraris

So it'd be cheap to maintain and easy to use while the others are expensive as hell and require you to keep putting money into them daily to keep them running?

PS4 and XBox One give you the ladies
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#15RatheV(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 5:48:01 AM
In other news, some scientists have recently declared the melting of the polar ice caps to be unavoidable.

Thanks, Sony.
#16SonytendoPosted 5/17/2014 5:56:45 AM
FeiBenares posted...
uh... oh...

I bet that Greenpeace would say lies. Because Greenpeace still claimed that Nintendo was not environment friendly. v_v

Nintendo refuses to participate in Greenpeace's surveys so they automatically get the lowest score possible. It's not lying if you have no information, it's just stupid.
#17arvilinoPosted 5/17/2014 6:16:03 AM
FeiBenares posted...
uh... oh...

I bet that Greenpeace would say lies. Because Greenpeace still claimed that Nintendo was not environment friendly. v_v

Greenpeace gave Nintendo an arbitrary score of 0 because they wouldn't answer the survey(one of which if I remember requires some "small donations" to organizations related to Greenpeace get more points).
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#18SolisPosted 5/17/2014 6:27:55 AM
Sad_Face posted...
They say the Wii U's power brick is rated at 73 W, so it should be able to draw at least 60 at max (nothing's 100% efficient). So I suppose that's a good hint that games out for the Wii U now aren't taxing the system.

No, that's not what it means at all.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review