I'm trying to play though The Wind Waker, and having some frustrations...

#1Watt64Posted 5/16/2014 11:04:49 PM(edited)
My main problem with Zelda games is that traversing the dungeons makes me light headed. I have a hard time mentally mapping out where everything is, and there always seems to be some place I can't get to or some item I can't get. This bothers me so much that I have a hard time continuing through the dungeon.

Right now I'm at the forbidden woods, and I'm stuck in the room with the big flower thing hanging high up. I'm honestly feeling like just quitting, because like I said, something about being in the dungeons deeply bothers me.
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#2Watt64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 11:19:24 PM
Bump.
---
#3gumbyxcore99Posted 5/16/2014 11:24:02 PM
the problem is you're not playing link to the past, aka the only good zelda game
---
http://ovalteam.tumblr.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoj0xJsdO7U
#4VipsoccermasterPosted 5/16/2014 11:24:14 PM
Head to the door to the west, and make your way through the thorn-filled room. You should be able to get a key and a compass there. Head to the only locked door, then make your way up. You should get the item you need to get through the dungeon.
---
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Quiz-Master Badge
From Chaosmaster00's Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Quiz (January 2008)
#5ZayziePosted 5/16/2014 11:30:41 PM
Isn't there like 10 years worth of FAQs on this site for this game?
---
Now we see the violence inherent in the system!... Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
#6Watt64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 11:41:40 PM
Zayzie posted...
Isn't there like 10 years worth of FAQs on this site for this game?

The problem is that I should be able to figure out how to do things on my own, but can't in most cases.

For example, I tried again and again to float with the deku leaf into that little ledge with the switch in the side of the forest haven. After falling and climbing all the way back up at least ten times, I looked it up and realized you need to use the pear item to get a seagull to fly up to it. So I tried the pear, and it didn't work. This is why I'm so frustrated.
---
#7HermeticJusticePosted 5/17/2014 12:21:33 AM
you cleared SM3DW with no deaths but you're having a hard time with this game

I already 100% it, just look at the map, and you should be fine
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#8Watt64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 1:02:21 AM
HermeticJustice posted...
you cleared SM3DW with no deaths but you're having a hard time with this game

I already 100% it, just look at the map, and you should be fine

Yeah, maybe I'll just use a guide. I'll probably enjoy it a lot more that way.
---
#9SlimeSwayzePosted 5/17/2014 1:18:10 AM
Honestly, that is an annoying dungeon the first time you play it. Still, I think WW is an awesome game, and oddly (sadly?) enough it is my favorite game on the Wii U right now.

That said, you don't have to map everything out in your head, since there is an actual in-game map that does that for you.
---
Currently Playing: Stranger's Wrath, Dark Souls 2, and Rayman Legends.
#10RoboXgp89Posted 5/17/2014 1:19:40 AM
welp this is what gameFaq's is for...