Hyrule Warriors estimated to hit a million sales? Based on what exactly?

#1HeroC114Posted 5/17/2014 6:36:36 AM
Tecmo Koei is really banking on the Zelda franchise right now, since it's their best ticket with Wii U fans. Is the Zelda fanbase that fickle to buy anything with Zelda slapped on it, especially those who aren't fans of the musou series?

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/17/tecmo-koei-aims-to-sell-over-one-million-copies-of-hyrule-warriors/
---
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
#2dancing_cactuarPosted 5/17/2014 6:37:12 AM
It being a Zelda game.
---
I am pro Nintendo on the Nintendo board, so I am not a troll. - Greer
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real- Jaden Smith
#3Robo-sanPosted 5/17/2014 6:38:46 AM(edited)
It will hit million in Japan alone. Musou sells a lot there...

It's the opposite to what you say... Musou will sell in Japan regardless of what it is. Zelda isn't very hot there but it IS a Musou game...

---
http://www.backloggery.com/lucmiceli
#4Shadowbird_RHPosted 5/17/2014 6:40:49 AM
Fans of the Musou series will know what it is and buy it, people who don't know what it is will see the Zelda name and may be inspired to give it a look when they might not have otherwise, and if they enjoy the game, may be more likely to buy future titles in the series, with or without Zelda in the name.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#5HeroC114(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 6:46:02 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Fans of the Musou series will know what it is and buy it, people who don't know what it is will see the Zelda name and may be inspired to give it a look when they might not have otherwise, and if they enjoy the game, may be more likely to buy future titles in the series, with or without Zelda in the name.

As widespread as the Warriors series is, I feel it has potential to reach CoD heights(in terms of sales) if they were to nail everything. There is always bits of "needs just more polish here" in these games that prevent them from being great.

I'm playing Chronicles on the 3DS(which is a few years old now) and the whole unlocking weapons for your main character by building relationships aspect is just terrible. I'm stuck with the twin blade moveset for my female character. Just rage inducing design choices that make their game less accessable.

I can't imagine Nintendo allowing this kind of blocking of content in their own IP, since most Nintendo unlockables are reasonable, including Super Smash Bros. I still remember having an awesome time unlocking MewTwo in Melee by playing a 99 stock match on Big Blue with 2 friends to finish off the game clock and finally getting him.
---
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
#6Kuribo4Posted 5/17/2014 6:46:43 AM
It will sell 10 million. Based on my face.
---
As game developers,our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/164906/
#7DarkFistsPosted 5/17/2014 6:48:20 AM
While I'm a huge Warriors fan, thinking that around 1/6th of Wii U owners would buy it is insane...
#8Absolutezero93Posted 5/17/2014 6:49:15 AM
Because Link is in it. See Soul Caliber 2 for the GameCube. IIRC, it had the highest sales than any other platform.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#9HayashiTakaraPosted 5/17/2014 6:50:43 AM
Link bring all the b****es to the yard
#10BladeManEXEPosted 5/17/2014 6:52:15 AM
DarkFists posted...
While I'm a huge Warriors fan, thinking that around 1/6th of Wii U owners would buy it is insane...

That's assuming the Wii U doesn't sell much at all in the time before release (which we still have no clue about). At least one game that's guaranteed to move consoles (how much, exactly, we don't know, of course), Mario Kart 8 is coming out in two weeks. If Smash Bros. Wii U comes out before Hyrule Warriors, that will give a boost as well. Quite honestly, I'd be shocked if there were less than 7 million users by the time the game comes out (barring a much earlier than expected release date).