Hyrule Warriors estimated to hit a million sales? Based on what exactly?

#71king_maddenPosted 5/17/2014 3:44:56 PM
I haven't seen any commercials so I asked.

Oh and to your other points, its hard to say Mario kart is more popular now, its naturally selling more on systems that have a bigger install base.

It's also hard to say just how many preorders it has since the market that's sold the most wiius have preorders at under 200k. But again it depends on what your definition of massive is.

I'll ask this though, how much are you expecting Mario kart to sell first month, and how many consoles you think it will move first month.
#72cloudtheprophetPosted 5/17/2014 3:45:45 PM
redroses_4life posted...
I hope Lu Bu appears as a bonus boss.

I'll go even further than that and hope he is playable.
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet Xbox Live: Cloudtheprophet
http://youtu.be/SiMHTK15Pik
#73AceMosPosted 5/17/2014 3:46:51 PM
uh it will be selling for along long time it will still be gettign good sales this time next year like all big named nintendo games do

and MK gave teh 3DS a nice boost in sales
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#74king_maddenPosted 5/17/2014 4:03:33 PM
AceMos posted...
uh it will be selling for along long time it will still be gettign good sales this time next year like all big named nintendo games do

and MK gave teh 3DS a nice boost in sales

OK 2 things

1. I was simply asking what you thought it's first month sales would be. Not whether or not it would be selling well years from now. And to be fair 3d world, and dktf sales have fallen off quite a bit and it hasn't been a year yet.

2. Mario kart for 3ds came out during the holiday time, so the 3ds was getting a sales boost anyway, also not to mention sales were already rising after the price drop and the release of other good games also helped that boost. It wasnt just kart.
#75AmakusaPosted 5/17/2014 6:18:10 PM(edited)
HeroC114 posted...
I'm playing Chronicles on the 3DS(which is a few years old now) and the whole unlocking weapons for your main character by building relationships aspect is just terrible. I'm stuck with the twin blade moveset for my female character. Just rage inducing design choices that make their game less accessable.

You've got to be kidding. Twin Blades is one of the best movesets in the game.

Heck, unlocking weapons for your character is kind of pointless considering unlocking the characters is a lot easier and more useful.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#76LordrvPosted 5/19/2014 10:02:22 PM
LAWL, no. I hate Dynasty Warriors. I won't even play this crap. Dynasty Warriors with Zelda skinz is something that I imagine wouldn't appeal to the average Zelda fan in any way, shape, or form.
#77Paulf001Posted 5/19/2014 10:13:59 PM
The trailer has 1.5m views on Youtube obviously there is a ton of interest in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOq4IiuRMWk
#78king_maddenPosted 5/20/2014 12:58:35 AM
Paulf001 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOq4IiuRMWk

around 6 million wiiu owners, some may have watched more than once, a good chance a lot who watched the video didnt even like what they have seen.

may have had some interest, not sure how current it is.
#79LaManoNeraIIPosted 5/20/2014 1:00:29 AM
The popularity of Musou games and the popularity of Zelda. This game will easily hit 1 million lifetime. That seems modest, actually
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#80king_maddenPosted 5/20/2014 1:08:33 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
The popularity of Musou games and the popularity of Zelda. This game will easily hit 1 million lifetime. That seems modest, actually

i feel like people constantly overrate the popularity of these games. the warriors game do have a dedicated following, but theres 2 things to consider. they dont buy all warriors games, the series has sold over a million once since ps2 days, and that was the one piece game, with part 2 selling worse.

zelda also has a dedicated fanbase, but it also suffered declining sales since the 2006 version.