Mario Kart demos today in specific Gamestop locations!

#1pwnater777Posted 5/17/2014 7:20:49 AM
I don't know if anyone else heard about this, but some Gamestops are having MK8 demo stations set up for today and tomorrow. I, for one, am hyped to try it out.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/12/mario-kart-8-test-drive-days-at-gamestop-this-weekend/

Just realized it said 12-4, though, but at least you get a poster if you pre-order while you're there!

I may just buy a Wii U soon if this game wows me enough.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#2Dux_XPosted 5/17/2014 7:25:59 AM
The trailers didn't wow you already?
---
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)
#3RHFPosted 5/17/2014 7:31:43 AM
Not our Gamestop, we don't have the key to the kiosk station to update the system to have it (waiting for it to be shipped), but we decorated it with Mario Kart 8 stuff.
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
#4pwnater777(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 7:39:36 AM
Dux_X posted...
The trailers didn't wow you already?

The game certainly looks great, but I want to see it firsthand. It's the best way to make a choice, especially if that choice would cost $2-300.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#5InfiniteHEROPosted 5/17/2014 7:42:33 AM
I dont understand how this is going to work.. it says "Select locations" and when I enter my zip code to find a store it just lists them all lol.. I will call I guess later but I wanna try this out for sure because ive been really considering dumping my Wii U
---
PSN: Infinite_HERO79
NNID: Infinite_HER079
#6phineasfoolPosted 5/17/2014 7:44:30 AM
RHF posted...
Not our Gamestop, we don't have the key to the kiosk station to update the system to have it (waiting for it to be shipped), but we decorated it with Mario Kart 8 stuff.

At least you have the kiosk. The store I work at never got a demo unit.
---
PSN - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#7RoachmeatPosted 5/17/2014 1:05:40 PM
I just came back from trying one of the kiosks out.

Everyone is unlocked to select, and a lot of the cart tweeks are available to play around with.

I selected Daisy and the "Indy car" frame with Red framed MK tires. You even get to choose which balloon type pops out of your cart when you do a air jump.

The trailers do excite, but in the playing the actual game I felt that I was moving slow throughout. You press A to accelerate. If there was a button to BOOST, I didn't locate it effectively.

In the short time I had in the demo I did learn which button caused the kart to drift and which button uses the items. I got hit by my own green shell in the last lap, but that wasn't why I ended up in 5th. Incidentally, I did beat Baby Daisy, who came in 11th.

---
"Say something now! C'mon, say something now!" --Sticky Fingaz, Def Jam Vendetta: FFNY
#8abbyhitterPosted 5/17/2014 4:16:59 PM
My GameStop didn't have the demo yet, but the manager said that the kiosk key was being Fed Exed to them so they could open the demo unit to put the new demo disk into the Wii U.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#9RHFPosted 5/18/2014 9:56:46 AM
Roachmeat posted...
The trailers do excite, but in the playing the actual game I felt that I was moving slow throughout. You press A to accelerate. If there was a button to BOOST, I didn't locate it effectively.

Probably because of the lame returning gimmick of the coins increasing your max speed, which I didn't care for (also being the only means to unlock kart parts).
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*