What happened to Metroid?

#1ArcvalonsPosted 5/17/2014 9:41:41 PM
Read somewhere that Miyamoto was biased against MP from the beginning, but I hope they do more Metroid Primes someday. One continuing after Fusion maybe.
---
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato.
Arc doesn't speak English; he speaks life, the voice of a generation.-gamerTai and pigg
#2heartlesshero17Posted 5/17/2014 10:08:15 PM(edited)
It had a game a few years ago and multiple people at nintendo has brought the series up in interviews. Its not forgotten, its not hated by nintendo or any crazy ****. Its just paranoid fans being silly cause one game was hated
---
"Traditional fish sex"
-Bill Nye
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 5/17/2014 9:47:29 PM
They put Retro to work making 2D platformers which, unlike Metroid, weren't in short supply at all.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#4LoZ_123Posted 5/17/2014 10:04:03 PM
Arcvalons posted...
Read somewhere that Miyamoto was biased against MP from the beginning, but I hope they do more Metroid Primes someday. One continuing after Fusion maybe.

I'm pretty sure Miyamoto helped out with designing the Prime games. You might be thinking of Sakamoto who's commonly regarded as one of the main guys behind Super and was instrumental in creating the abomination known as Other M. He does seem to have some bias against the Primes what with him basically calling them non-canon, but I don't have much faith in his opinions anymore because that one is bad and he made Other M.
#5DChybridkingPosted 5/17/2014 10:14:32 PM
LoZ_123 posted...
Arcvalons posted...

I'm pretty sure Miyamoto helped out with designing the Prime games. You might be thinking of Sakamoto who's commonly regarded as one of the main guys behind Super and was instrumental in creating the abomination known as Other M. He does seem to have some bias against the Primes what with him basically calling them non-canon, but I don't have much faith in his opinions anymore because that one is bad and he made Other M.

yeah I knew it wasn't Miyamoto because he came up with the idea of first person for MP (which caused retro to have to scrap a lot of work)
---
Fight to preserve that which inspires hope - Ezio Auditore
#6lilburritoPosted 5/17/2014 10:15:08 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
They put Retro to work making 2D platformers which, unlike Metroid, weren't in short supply at all.

Right after finishing DKC Returns for the Wii, Retro "insisted" on moving on the next DK title themselves since they felt there was so much more they could have done/implemented, not to mention they wanted to try out some new things now that they had access to more powerful hardware.
---
"Henshin A Go-Go Baby!"
#7lilburritoPosted 5/17/2014 10:16:35 PM
LoZ_123 posted...
Arcvalons posted...

As far as character development is concerned. The manga would've been enough.
---
"Henshin A Go-Go Baby!"
#8AceMosPosted 5/17/2014 10:23:10 PM
lilburrito posted...
LoZ_123 posted...
Arcvalons posted...

As far as character development is concerned. The manga would've been enough.

indeed while the manga has problems in its plot those can be forgiven becuse

1. its in her past and has no effect on who she is in the games

and

2, she over comes those flaws and decimates the pirates in the end
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#9bluesplus1Posted 5/17/2014 10:26:37 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...
It had a game a few years ago and multiple people at nintendo has brought the series up in interviews. Its not forgotten, its not hated by nintendo or any crazy ****. Its just paranoid fans being silly cause one game was hated

This. Are people that forgetful? Or do they want the series to be like AC or CoD and have annual releases for it to not be "abandoned" now? >_>
---
"If you complain about the existence of entertainment that you don't have to consume, you're probably an ass****." - Andrew Eisen
#10LordrvPosted 5/17/2014 10:31:22 PM(edited)
LoZ_123 posted...
Arcvalons posted...

Sakamoto was the lead designer of Metroid from the original game.