What happened to Metroid?

#11MisterSpliffPosted 5/17/2014 9:45:14 PM
There hasn't been a 2D Metroid game in 10 years.
#12lilburritoPosted 5/17/2014 9:48:00 PM
AceMos posted...
lilburrito posted...
LoZ_123 posted...
Arcvalons posted...
Read somewhere that Miyamoto was biased against MP from the beginning, but I hope they do more Metroid Primes someday. One continuing after Fusion maybe.

I'm pretty sure Miyamoto helped out with designing the Prime games. You might be thinking of Sakamoto who's commonly regarded as one of the main guys behind Super and was instrumental in creating the abomination known as Other M. He does seem to have some bias against the Primes what with him basically calling them non-canon, but I don't have much faith in his opinions anymore because that one is bad and he made Other M.

As far as character development is concerned. The manga would've been enough.

indeed while the manga has problems in its plot those can be forgiven becuse

1. its in her past and has no effect on who she is in the games

and

2, she over comes those flaws and decimates the pirates in the end

Exactly. You watch her grow up and overcome those problems that plagued her as a child. Thus how she killed Ridley the first time. Which is why I still can't understand why in the world would she go through PTSD in the Other M despite crushing him numerous times.
---
"Henshin A Go-Go Baby!"
#13brentendo3Posted 5/17/2014 9:51:03 PM(edited)
I would only worry if Nintendo doesn't mention Metroid at all during this E3. Remember that Reggie was wearing a Metroid pin during some games thing last year. Of course that's not definitive proof but it's better than nothing.
#14EeqmcsqPosted 5/17/2014 10:08:12 PM
Part of the problem that I see with Metroid is, what do they do with the next game's plot? How many ways can they bring back Metroids as a threat? I guess other series have done it before - Castlevania, Mario, Zelda have found ways to bring back the same bad guy. But they don't have a continuous plotline like Metroid currently has.

Do they invent a whole new enemy threat? But then, it won't be a "Metroid" game, right? Maybe Nintendo needs to rename the series to focus more on the hero, like "Samus", or "Bounty Hunter", or something similar so they CAN introduce a whole new challenge to face.
#15lilburritoPosted 5/17/2014 10:14:09 PM
Eeqmcsq posted...
Part of the problem that I see with Metroid is, what do they do with the next game's plot? How many ways can they bring back Metroids as a threat? I guess other series have done it before - Castlevania, Mario, Zelda have found ways to bring back the same bad guy. But they don't have a continuous plotline like Metroid currently has.

Do they invent a whole new enemy threat? But then, it won't be a "Metroid" game, right? Maybe Nintendo needs to rename the series to focus more on the hero, like "Samus", or "Bounty Hunter", or something similar so they CAN introduce a whole new challenge to face.

The Metroids don't necessarily have to be a threat though. It'd be enough for them to play some sort of integral role to the plot. Besides, if Fusion and the Other M was any indication, the GF will most likely be the next set of antagonists. And there's a lot they could do with the plot from there.
---
"Henshin A Go-Go Baby!"
#16MisterSpliffPosted 5/17/2014 10:17:18 PM
The Metroids were extinct, leaving the Galaxy at peace. Then an evil Space Cult sacrificed a goat to revive the Metroids. Samus begins a new journey.
#17HylianKnight1Posted 5/17/2014 10:18:18 PM
The Baby happened...
---
Remember, life is tough, but so are you
#18heartlesshero17Posted 5/17/2014 10:23:20 PM
bluesplus1 posted...
heartlesshero17 posted...
It had a game a few years ago and multiple people at nintendo has brought the series up in interviews. Its not forgotten, its not hated by nintendo or any crazy ****. Its just paranoid fans being silly cause one game was hated

This. Are people that forgetful? Or do they want the series to be like AC or CoD and have annual releases for it to not be "abandoned" now? >_>

It only bothers me cause in the past I seen people put it on the same level of F Zero and Star Fox and that is just mind boggling that some think the situations are the same. Some think other M killed the series. Fine think that but its been like 4 years. People need to relax
---
"Traditional fish sex"
-Bill Nye
#19Banjo2553Posted 5/17/2014 11:14:22 PM
MisterSpliff posted...
There hasn't been a 2D Metroid game in 10 years.

I so want to have another one. That's one hope of mine this E3, is that a 2D Metroid will be revealed for the 3DS. Possibly having Wayforward help with the graphics and design (since they make gorgeous spritework).
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#20AceMosPosted 5/18/2014 8:12:21 AM
Eeqmcsq posted...

doctor who with the daileks shows us in scifi there is no limit to the amount of ways to cheat death
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*