What happened to Metroid?

#51n00bsaib0tPosted 5/18/2014 1:40:05 PM
AceMos posted...
n00b the reason we have X6 7 and 8 is becuse of capcom those games are canon to megaman even thoe inafune didnt want them to be

and sakamoto never said the prime games are none canon he said they are a side story

and guess what otehr M cant fit with ANY METROID the plot holes are just to large

its ment to lead into fusion but it cant as the plots can not fit in the same universe

X 6 was made without Inafune. It completely disregarded X 5 setting up the Zero series in Zero's ending. Everything in X 6 onwards is based on X's X 5 ending, which wasn't the canon ending. Inafune got back on board for X 7 and X 8 to make sure it didn't get any worse. That doesn't make the games canon.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#52Kuribo4Posted 5/18/2014 1:40:13 PM
AceMos posted...
Kuribo4 posted...
AceMos posted...
Kuribo4 posted...
AceMos posted...
kuribo i dont think you know how writing a narative works nor do i think you have ever played a metroid game i allreyad listed the bits of her personality from before other M

other M goes against established facts of her character

You don't need to tell me I don't know about writing. -.- That kind of offends me. I'm very interested in art.
The reason I'm saying it is because she really wasn't a character before. For all we know she freaked out in Metroid and Super Metroid when she saw Ridley. It just wasn't shown. Sakamoto always said he knew how her mind worked and wanted to show us.

Many people don't like her because she is "weak" now apparently (I'm not saying that's your case), and that makes no sense. Also ther is nothing more bada.. than fighting even when you are afraid.

stop talking out of you ass the super nintendo could have shown dialog if samus was afraid

heck the fight with mother brain has fresh animations made for it just to show samus is NOT passed out and still trying to stand agains mother brain

the most inportant rule of writing is SHOW DONT TELL other M TELLS us things but never shows us any thing

all the other metroids SHOWED us who samus was with her actions as i said the canon ending to super metroid is her risking her life on a exploding planet to save some animals

the samus in other M would never do that she would not even be able to acomplish what was done in super metroid

the samus shown in other M would not be able to operate a shoe box

other M has her passed out

stop talking out of you ass
I don't think this attitude is necessary.

the super nintendo could have shown dialog if samus was afraid
But the people responsible for the game decided to hide her personality. Maybe she didn't have a personality (Sakamoto says she did). It's a fictional work. Not real life.

all the other metroids SHOWED us who samus was with her actions as i said the canon ending to super metroid is her risking her life on a exploding planet to save some animals

the samus in other M would never do that

It was still a simple personality for all we knew.
If according to Other M she wouldn't do that it can mean many things:
The game clearly shows she doesn't care for the life of some animals. That would be bad characterization.
The game shows the above, but there is a reason. Something occured and made her act differently, maybe she is even depressed, angry.
Is that the case?

you can talk out of your ass all you want it wont change the fact that other M simply can not fit with any metroid game at all

Thanks for responding to my question.
---
As game developers,our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/164906/
#53Kuribo4Posted 5/18/2014 1:43:21 PM
AceMos posted...
so your only source is a spanish interview?

and again it dont matter what he thinks becuse fusion the game taking place after this is enough to prove other M can not fit into the same time line as fusion

It's an interview with Sakamoto, so what is the problem?
---
As game developers,our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/164906/
#54Ness0123456789Posted 5/18/2014 1:44:16 PM(edited)
n00bsaib0t posted...
X 6 was made without Inafune. It completely disregarded X 5 setting up the Zero series in Zero's ending. Everything in X 6 onwards is based on X's X 5 ending, which wasn't the canon ending. Inafune got back on board for X 7 and X 8 to make sure it didn't get any worse. That doesn't make the games canon.

That's..not entirely true.

Zero's ending took place at some undetermined time in the future following X6. X7 and X8 still follow the over all storyline of the game series, as the Zero ending in X6, as I said, took place some time after the Maverick Wars.

Also, Mega Man Zero, ZX, and Legends are all part of the Mega Man Canon, if you were trying to say they weren't. But you are correct, X6 was made without Inafune's permission or input, and X7 and X8 were only made in order to continue milking the cash cow. The X series was intended to end with X5 and Zero's "Death".
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#55Kuribo4Posted 5/18/2014 1:45:24 PM
AceMos posted...
Kuribo4 posted...
AceMos posted...
Kuribo4 posted...
sakamoto does not own the metroid IP NINTENDO does

the prime games create no plot holes and fit perfectly in the metroid time line

even with out the prime games other M is full of plot holes to the metroid franchise

ITS OWN STORY has plot holes and characters not making any sense

Nintendo owns it. Yeah but it's Sakamoto's work from an artistic POV.
Metroid Prime creates no plot holes. I'm sure there are fanfics that create no plot holes. Doesn't make them part of the story. Sakamoto just doesn't like the idea of MP ocurring. Metroid 2 probably was supposed to occur right after Metroid. MP is a retcon. Also, you have an excuse in the older Metroids, but the MPs are 3D games and you clearly see Samus doesn't freak out with Ridley. Sakamoto probably doesn't like that.

As I said earlier the early games had a simple plot so the first plot with depth to it having plot holes isn't a problem. As for the game on its own, its quality, I can't speak for that.

fusion had a indepth plot

other M contridcits every single plot point of fusion

I really wouldn't call the plot of Fusion in depth. Her character isn't either. But like I said I can't judge Sakamoto's decisions in Other M.

how so it explored aspects of her character including the fact she hates to take orders and will disobey them at any chance given

also the manga has her threaten to kill adam if he gets in her way

litterly every single sceen in other M does not fit with any offical metroid story

and again prime IS CANON he called them a side story he never said none canon

I don't know if Sakamoto considers the manga canon, even though I think he does.
Still, her personality can change, but Sakamoto need to show why her character changes. I don't if she does. I asked you earlier.
---
#56AceMosPosted 5/18/2014 1:45:32 PM
Kuribo4 posted...
AceMos posted...

and again it dont matter what he thinks becuse fusion the game taking place after this is enough to prove other M can not fit into the same time line as fusion

that you can only find thsi one obscure interview in spanish to back it up
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#57Kuribo4Posted 5/18/2014 1:47:04 PM
AceMos posted...
Kuribo4 posted...
AceMos posted...

I own the magazine.
I could make a photo and stuff. That would actually be a pretty big contribution. I should do it.
I will look for it.
---
#58AceMosPosted 5/18/2014 1:48:49 PM
Kuribo4 posted...
AceMos posted...
Kuribo4 posted...
AceMos posted...

I own the magazine.
I could make a photo and stuff. That would actually be a pretty big contribution. I should do it.
I will look for it.

you are missing the point i am saying why would such a interview only be to a spanish magazine

why would he not state this in a iwata asks

or in one of the many interviews he had before the game came out
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#59Ness0123456789Posted 5/18/2014 1:50:42 PM
AceMos posted...
Kuribo4 posted...
AceMos posted...
Kuribo4 posted...
AceMos posted...

I own the magazine.
I will look for it.

you are missing the point i am saying why would such a interview only be to a spanish magazine

...Because apparently in the mind of Acemos, a Spanish magazine is less credible than any other magazine or publication ever.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#60Kuribo4Posted 5/18/2014 1:51:15 PM
AceMos posted...
Kuribo4 posted...
AceMos posted...
Kuribo4 posted...
AceMos posted...

I own the magazine.
I will look for it.

Maybe he thought people knew. Well, the magazine I am talking about is the official Nintendo magazine.
Look, I will do photos and translate and if you guys think this is relevant maybe we can make a thread. With somebody that has played Other M because I haven't. I don't want to be part of a Metroid fan war in an actual Metroid message board lol.
---