Do you think Nintendo fanboys are Nintendo's worst enemy?

#1AdamLazarusoPosted 5/18/2014 11:31:42 AM
A fairly large portion of Nintendo's fanbase is made up of people who will make some pretty ridiculous excuses for any negative point made about them and exaggerate any positive point (and no of course I'm not suggesting that only Nintendo fanboys do this but I think it's more widespread, prominent and damaging with them).

This means that Nintendo can fail to evolve and still trust that they'll have a legion of devoted fans who will make excuses and buy their stuff anyway. Why put in the effort to truly improve your products when you know that people will buy them anyway?

Discuss, Wii U board!
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#2SampsonMPosted 5/18/2014 11:32:28 AM
No. Without their fanboys they'd be dead already.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 5/18/2014 11:43:34 AM
Oh, they're the worst. They really need to be critical of Nintendo and expect better of them to get better products from them. When something like the heavily overpriced Wind Waker HD can move about a million units, that's really indicative of the problem.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#4AdamLazaruso(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 11:54:36 AM
SampsonM posted...
No. Without their fanboys they'd be dead already.

Without their fanboys they might have evolved to be at a stage where they don't need their fanboys.
---
#5Master AlienPosted 5/18/2014 11:55:29 AM
Eh the trolls are just a little bit worse just because its so easy to provoke the emotional posters here. i would say the average age is lowest here out of the 3 forums and kids are more likely to make those irrational responses and resort to a tit for tat mentality whichs fuels more trolling and the cycle continues endlessly. This place is troll bait because a lot of people cant resist the urge to respond.
#6Sticky_TailsPosted 5/18/2014 11:57:27 AM
Nintendo is currently their own worst enemies. They cut off all third party support, release only very similar games that appeal to their core audience and no one else, and they sell gimmicky underpowered consoles with no support. Their fanboys are just a reaction to all of that.
#7Baha05Posted 5/18/2014 12:01:36 PM
I pin more 3rd party devs are their worst enemies in some cases for some of the crap they have pulled this gen.
---
"DLC has always and still means all downloaded content, but of course Nintendo fanboys always did and will bend logic to suit their ignorance."
#8AdamLazaruso(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 12:01:48 PM
Sticky_Tails posted...
Nintendo is currently their own worst enemies. They cut off all third party support, release only very similar games that appeal to their core audience and no one else, and they sell gimmicky underpowered consoles with no support. Their fanboys are just a reaction to all of that.

Or it's a reaction to their fanboys because they know that it doesn't matter if they cut off all third party support, release only very similar games that appeal to their core audience and no one else, and sell gimmicky underpowered consoles with no support because all they have to do is release a game with 'Mario' in the title and there's a legion of fans who will eat it right up.
---
#9Sticky_TailsPosted 5/18/2014 12:10:59 PM
AdamLazaruso posted...
Sticky_Tails posted...

Or it's a reaction to their fanboys because they know that it doesn't matter if they cut off all third party support, release only very similar games that appeal to their core audience and no one else, and sell gimmicky underpowered consoles with no support because all they have to do is release a game with 'Mario' in the title and there's a legion of fans who will eat it right up.

SNES disproves that. Nintendo fans didn't act this way until Nintendo started driving away all other third parties. The fans react to what products are out their and in turn nintendo reacts to their fans which in turn react to nintendo. Its a cycle but the cycle started with nintendo and not the fans.
#10squatch22Posted 5/18/2014 12:12:02 PM
Better than taking it from behind and getting screwed with paid online, no BC and proprietary memory.
---
900p/30fps-The NEXT GEN POWER of 5GB GDDR5 RAM.
Pacman/Ms Pacman are racist, sexist and homophobic.