Do you think Nintendo fanboys are Nintendo's worst enemy?

#21squatch22Posted 5/18/2014 12:41:00 PM
kyomagi posted...
the old school nintendo fanboys are the problem. they eat up what nintendo gives them with out so much of a question, and thats a problem. If the fanboys hard their way, X, FxSMT and Bayo 2 would be on the 3ds/ps4/xbone/vita

to them, nintendo can do no wrong

So u think 1st party games would be on other systems? Lol
---
900p/30fps-The NEXT GEN POWER of 5GB GDDR5 RAM.
Pacman/Ms Pacman are racist, sexist and homophobic.
#22EzioAuditore947Posted 5/18/2014 12:41:55 PM
Sandslashed posted...
One look at this forum tells you that Sony fanboys are probably worse.
Sony loses 1.3 billion this year, has junk status credit rating, sells their headquarters, sells shares in Square Enix, lay offs employees.
It's ok the PS4 is doing well. Sony is just restructuring. Sony will recover.

Nintendo loses .24 billion this year, has good credit rating, buys a new head quarters, spends .2 billion on Research and Development, does not fire any employees.
The Wii U is doing terrible. The 3DS is under performing. Nintendo is doomed. Nintendo will go out of business.

Nintendo fans are tired of this double standard and that's why even though Nintendo does make mistakes, we choose to look at the positives rather than attack Nintendo every day like the trolls in this board do.

Or, you could look at it this way...

I don't care who makes or loses money. I care about good games. Couldn't give a f*** about any exclusives really, other than niche ones like Yakuza. Don't like Uncharted, Halo, Gears, God Of War, Mario or Donkey Kong. However, i do like practically all of Rockstar's games, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Far Cry, the Arkham games, Just Cause, Assassin's Creed, MGS etc. etc. etc.

In short, the massive variety of third parties scratches any itch i have. Nintendo have none, for various reasons.
---
And so, with mere seconds to act, I knelt down and punched it to death. It was the most exhilarating experience of my life. - BTB
#23SandslashedPosted 5/18/2014 12:42:55 PM
ArsenicSteel posted...
Trixone posted...
ArsenicSteel posted...
Trixone posted...
I compare Nintendont's fanboys to a rowdy crowd of a 2nd rate team. They make too much noise and that's about it. Sure, their crappy team wins once in a blue moon to avoid relegation but it will never reach the champions league qualifier.

How's is that different from any other fanboy? Oh right, there's no difference. You and the TC are just judging people. A fanboy is already the most extreme case and has habits that are not encouraged by the public at large. What they are fanboying is irrelevant as their actions and words will remain the same.

I'd call myself, not an expert, but knowledgeable enough to make a legitimate assessment about the topic at hand.

Here just for the kicks:

BS in Computer Engineering
Minor in Business
5 Years teaching
Various semesters in psychology/sociology
Entrepreneur

I'm not an expert, but I can give you a 'legitimate assessment.'

And not a single thing on your list makes your assessment any less wrong.

He somehow got a computer engineering degree without getting a computer engineering job and he expects us to be impressed.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2595 - 0912 - 2733
#24Recca KunPosted 5/18/2014 12:44:47 PM
EzioAuditore947 posted...
Sandslashed posted...
One look at this forum tells you that Sony fanboys are probably worse.
Sony loses 1.3 billion this year, has junk status credit rating, sells their headquarters, sells shares in Square Enix, lay offs employees.
It's ok the PS4 is doing well. Sony is just restructuring. Sony will recover.

Nintendo loses .24 billion this year, has good credit rating, buys a new head quarters, spends .2 billion on Research and Development, does not fire any employees.
The Wii U is doing terrible. The 3DS is under performing. Nintendo is doomed. Nintendo will go out of business.

Nintendo fans are tired of this double standard and that's why even though Nintendo does make mistakes, we choose to look at the positives rather than attack Nintendo every day like the trolls in this board do.

Or, you could look at it this way...

I don't care who makes or loses money. I care about good games. Couldn't give a f*** about any exclusives really, other than niche ones like Yakuza. Don't like Uncharted, Halo, Gears, God Of War, Mario or Donkey Kong. However, i do like practically all of Rockstar's games, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Far Cry, the Arkham games, Just Cause, Assassin's Creed, MGS etc. etc. etc.

In short, the massive variety of third parties scratches any itch i have. Nintendo have none, for various reasons.

Well said.
---
TF2
#25MushroomMuncherPosted 5/18/2014 12:48:33 PM
The word "fanboy" has been said 15 times in this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63RvK3hCoqc
---
wow, i post a positive wii u thread and it dies, i post obvious troll bait and it explodes. ~ kyomagi
#26Pyromaniac RoyPosted 5/18/2014 12:48:58 PM
Fanboys in general are just bad for the industry.

With Nintendo specifically, they have an interesting 'fanbase' so to speak, in that there are very few people who talk about Nintendo without seeping into very extreme territory. Depending on the perspective, they're either doomed and will be bankrupt in approximately seventeen hours, or they could be doing absolutely nothing better than they are and they are this perfect company blessed by every deity ever prayed to. Minimal middle ground, and with as little buzz as they themselves intentionally generate, this extreme talk is what you'll hear most via word of mouth. They're either "really really good" or "really really bad," and it's probably not the best thing for Nintendo.
---
"I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave."
I write things. http://lordpitaya.wordpress.com/
#27kyomagiPosted 5/18/2014 12:52:07 PM
squatch22 posted...
kyomagi posted...
the old school nintendo fanboys are the problem. they eat up what nintendo gives them with out so much of a question, and thats a problem. If the fanboys hard their way, X, FxSMT and Bayo 2 would be on the 3ds/ps4/xbone/vita

Can i ask you a serious question? Do you make a fool out of yourself on purpose?

X is a third party exclusive
Fire emblem is a First party, but SMT is made by a third Party publisher. Did you forget that most SMT games are on sony consoles?
and Bayo is also third party exclusive
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#28squatch22Posted 5/18/2014 12:53:07 PM
kyomagi posted...
squatch22 posted...
kyomagi posted...

Can i ask you a serious question? Do you make a fool out of yourself on purpose?

Fire emblem is a First party, but SMT is made by a third Party publisher. Did you forget that most SMT games are on sony consoles?

X is first party.
---
900p/30fps-The NEXT GEN POWER of 5GB GDDR5 RAM.
Pacman/Ms Pacman are racist, sexist and homophobic.
#29SandslashedPosted 5/18/2014 12:55:24 PM
kyomagi posted...
squatch22 posted...
kyomagi posted...

X is first party, Bayo2 is second party, SMT X Fire Emblem is 1st party and 2nd party.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2595 - 0912 - 2733
#30kyomagiPosted 5/18/2014 1:00:31 PM
squatch22 posted...
kyomagi posted...
squatch22 posted...
kyomagi posted...

X is first party.

wrong, mario, zelda, mario kart ect is first party.

X is made by Monolith Soft, they are a third party

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_Soft
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo