Why is the Vita outselling the Wii U?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why is the Vita outselling the Wii U?

User Info: Solnot

Solnot
2 years ago#1
There is no logical reason that a competing handheld console should be outselling a home console like the Wii U. The only handheld console that should be outselling the Wii U is another Nintendo console like the 3DS. It just doesn't make any sense.

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
2 years ago#2
...Because the Vita is actually an awesome little hand-held now?
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: BurgerTime79

BurgerTime79
2 years ago#3
Considering you're likely trolling, nothing we say to give a logical reason will be taken into account and listened to.
According to my workplace, you can threaten managers with a box cutter and keep your job. WTH is wrong with this company?!

User Info: Xuande12

Xuande12
2 years ago#4
Remote play. I have a Vita for remote play and have bought 0 games for it, although the free PS plus games are nice.
PSN: PorchGnome4Life
NNID: PorchGnome4Life

Ness0123456789
2 years ago#5
Xuande12 posted...
Remote play. I have a Vita for remote play and have bought 0 games for it, although the free PS plus games are nice.

If you haven't played Ys yet, you're doing yourself a great disservice.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: Sonytendo

Sonytendo
2 years ago#6
Because the Japanese hate Nintendo and love handhelds. In April NPD Wii U outsold Vita 49k to <3.3k. Doesn't look like outselling in America to me.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
2 years ago#7
Two Things:

1. The Vita has been out for 2+ Years already

2. In their respective Markets the Wii U is actually doing better then the Vita.
"DLC has always and still means all downloaded content, but of course Nintendo fanboys always did and will bend logic to suit their ignorance."

User Info: AstralFrost

AstralFrost
2 years ago#8
Vita is better in every way and actually has a future.
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself

Ness0123456789
2 years ago#9
Baha05 posted...
1. The Vita has been out for 2+ Years already

The Vita was released in December of 2011, the Wii U in November of 2012.

...The Vita has been out for eleven months longer than the WiiU has...I don't really think you can use that as a valid as to why the Vita is doing better in some areas than the WiiU.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: AhnoldDood

AhnoldDood
2 years ago#10
It's only barely outselling it in Japan, the goddamn HANDHELD country, and even then the Wii U is still overall doing better. The Vita's getting an increase in sales as its actually getting SOME games.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why is the Vita outselling the Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived