Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros WILL save Wii U, Iwata insists!

#1SolnotPosted 5/18/2014 2:11:58 PM
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/mario-kart-8-and-super-smash-bros-will-save-wii-u-iwata-insists/0132353

Well, that is a relief! If Iwata says it will happen, then it must be true. No need to worry anymore guys.
#2InfiniteHEROPosted 5/18/2014 2:13:40 PM
This guy has been drinking the special juice for too long....
---
PSN: Infinite_HERO79
NNID: Infinite_HER079
#3TrueBlue91Posted 5/18/2014 2:14:37 PM
LOL!

I want what he's smoking
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#4Xuande12Posted 5/18/2014 2:16:15 PM
He is trying to keep investors interested to keep his job.
---
PSN: PorchGnome4Life
NNID: PorchGnome4Life
#5PennywiseJimPosted 5/18/2014 2:18:24 PM
It could happen if they do some advertising.

Nintendo's biggest flaw is that they make incredibly polished games, but nobody knows about them besides people like us who actively go to gaming websites. On the other hand, when Sony or Microsoft release a big game, every other commercial on TV is for those games. I realize that advertising is very expensive, but it's worth it if you have a product that appeals to a large audience like Mario Kart and Smash Bros.
#6InfiniteHEROPosted 5/18/2014 2:21:51 PM
PennywiseJim posted...

Nintendo's biggest flaw is that they make incredibly polished games, but nobody knows about them besides people like us who actively go to gaming websites. On the other hand, when Sony or Microsoft release a big game, every other commercial on TV is for those games. I realize that advertising is very expensive, but it's worth it if you have a product that appeals to a large audience like Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

No kidding Mario Kart comes out very soon and I have not seen advertising for it anywhere.
---
PSN: Infinite_HERO79
NNID: Infinite_HER079
#7millimaynePosted 5/18/2014 2:22:51 PM
Please understand
---
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd
#8AhnoldDoodPosted 5/18/2014 2:33:45 PM
PennywiseJim posted...

Luckly for them, MK8 is actually getting that up the ass.

And Mario Kart? Selling consoles? Pfft, that hasn't happened since every system it was on!
#9Super-Mario-FanPosted 5/18/2014 2:49:34 PM
InfiniteHERO posted...
PennywiseJim posted...

No kidding Mario Kart comes out very soon and I have not seen advertising for it anywhere.

That's because it's being advertised on children's channels like Cartoon Network and Nick. If you watch channels like NBC, ABC, ect. on primetime, you will not find ads for Nintendo games.
---
Upcoming 3DS purchase: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
#10Dark_Link92Posted 5/18/2014 2:52:06 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
PennywiseJim posted...

Luckly for them, MK8 is actually getting that up the ass.

And Mario Kart? Selling consoles? Pfft, that hasn't happened since every system it was on!

I don't think I've seen any MK advertising here in England yet, even when my sister has Nickelodeon on all the time. Still see the occasional Pokemon advert on there though.
---
3DS FC: 4382-3271-9747
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, and Braixen.