Steam has good prices, Sony has PS+, Microsoft may get some good games with Gold

#1kyncaniPosted 5/18/2014 7:37:31 PM
Do you think Nintendo will provide some good offer in the future ??? - Results (209 votes)
Yes
39.71% (83 votes)
No
60.29% (126 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Frankly, Nintendo does need to do something at some point.

Preferably some time soon ...
#2Baha05Posted 5/18/2014 7:39:48 PM
Maybe in the future, they do have sales they just need to be more frequent.
---
"DLC has always and still means all downloaded content, but of course Nintendo fanboys always did and will bend logic to suit their ignorance."
#3n00bsaib0tPosted 5/18/2014 7:44:47 PM
Taking steam out of the equation because it's on its own level of awesomeness, I think Nintendo has the right idea with Club Nintendo. What they need to do though is drop DSiWare and WiiWare to 100, GB/GBC/NES/SNES to 150 and N64 (and add GBA and WiiUWare) for 200. Those are more reasonable coin amounts. Put more quality titles up, don't repeat titles as much and do maybe 6 or 8 games a month instead of 4. 3-4 3DS and 3-4 WiiU.

I say Nintendo has the right idea because you get rewarded for buying games. PS+ you lose the games of you stop subscribing, and XBL you still are basically paying for what should be free to get the "free" games. Nintendo just needs to fix the flaws with Club Nintendo and they have the better rewards hands down.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#4IzanagiBlastPosted 5/18/2014 7:50:21 PM
https://p.nintendo.net
---
NNID & PSN: xXVergiliusXx
3DS FC: 3351-4244-8930
#5Dark__ThronePosted 5/18/2014 7:58:25 PM
I voted yes only because I misread the question as, "should nintendo offer something similar"

They probably won't
---
"Are you dead!? HUH!? CARNAGE!!!"
#6Nerreltron9000Posted 5/18/2014 10:31:50 PM
Nintendo has already roughly outlined their plans for changing their digital policies, and some of it sounds pretty good (like getting increasingly reduced game prices across the board based on the number of titles you've purchase).

Unfortunately, we're at least a few years away from seeing any of it. We'd be lucky to even see an account based model of game ownership by the end of this year.
#7sumostickfigurePosted 5/18/2014 10:39:47 PM
Maybe in 2018 or so, but I can't imagine them doing it soon enough for it to look like they're remaining competitive with other companies.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#8HermeticJusticePosted 5/18/2014 10:41:50 PM
PS+ and Gold cost money, so of course they offer better services

And even if Nintendo pays for online, it sucks too much to want to pay for it
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#9king_maddenPosted 5/18/2014 10:45:19 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Taking steam out of the equation because it's on its own level of awesomeness, I think Nintendo has the right idea with Club Nintendo. What they need to do though is drop DSiWare and WiiWare to 100, GB/GBC/NES/SNES to 150 and N64 (and add GBA and WiiUWare) for 200. Those are more reasonable coin amounts. Put more quality titles up, don't repeat titles as much and do maybe 6 or 8 games a month instead of 4. 3-4 3DS and 3-4 WiiU.

I say Nintendo has the right idea because you get rewarded for buying games. PS+ you lose the games of you stop subscribing, and XBL you still are basically paying for what should be free to get the "free" games. Nintendo just needs to fix the flaws with Club Nintendo and they have the better rewards hands down.

with ps+ you are "rewarded" for joining. constant sales, now having flash sales that are even better, discounts on new release games. including "free" games, and if you're like me once you beat em you dont care about em anyway so they can go lol.

i think nintendo club should offer more points, or make the rewards cheaper. the games at least like you were saying. they should start a subscription service. get more sales to more people.
#10mokmuudPosted 5/18/2014 10:48:25 PM
I got a bunch of WiiU VC titles for 30 a piece. Plus free games and other stuff from club Nintendo.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539