Its really sad that the wifi network is gone.

#21Punda_PrimePosted 5/23/2014 7:01:35 PM
Please understand, I am grateful it has been shut down as online gaming is a passing fad which detracts from single player and encourages the development of games which are not platformers.
---
Man who hesitates is not only lost but also miles from next exit
#22BookThrower(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2014 10:58:42 PM
Punda_Prime posted...
Please understand, I am grateful it has been shut down as online gaming is a passing fad which detracts from single player and encourages the development of games which are not platformers.

I don't know, I'm of the opinion that games can balance between a good single player experience, online experience, and local multiplayer experience. Its all about finding the right balance... its just that I don't think anyone has actually accomplished that yet.
---
Thinking of something witty to put in my signature is harder then I thought.
#23squatch22Posted 5/23/2014 11:48:42 PM
Punda_Prime posted...

Please understand Mario Kart, Smash Bros...
---
900p/30fps-The NEXT GEN POWER of 5GB GDDR5 RAM.
Pacman/Ms Pacman are racist, sexist and homophobic.
#24Punda_PrimePosted 5/24/2014 2:45:06 PM
squatch22 posted...
Punda_Prime posted...

Please understand Mario Kart, Smash Bros...

Please understand, mario kart and smash brothers will never be popular as they promote online multiplayer. Nintendo must instead focus on platformers and possibly JRPGs. Online multiplayer is unnecessary, the nes didn't have it and it won the third generation.

I'm Satoru Iwata and I approve this message!
---
Man who hesitates is not only lost but also miles from next exit
#25NovaLevossidaPosted 5/24/2014 2:54:22 PM
After my experience with Brawl, I stopped thinking of the Wii as a system for my online gaming. So, eh, I can't really say that the shutdown saddens me.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#26SaraAB87Posted 5/24/2014 2:59:54 PM
The only thing I mainly used the online for was for trading Pokemon, its sad that it is shut down, but I have literately every main series RPG pokemon game that ever came out I guess that is not an issue since I can really get any pokemon I need by simply trading with myself.
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 3926-4622-6128
#27DTY3Posted 5/24/2014 3:44:23 PM
Skyminxyz posted...
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
Lol old online games. 99% of the time, the new game is better with an actual PLAYABLE netcode.

To be fair almost everyone admits Pokemon X/Y was insanely underwhelming compared to B/W/2.

That's really not fair considering Black 2 and White 2 were pretty much the closest things to perfection in the series whereas X and Y are pretty much "HEY GUYS GEN 1 WAS SO COOL, RIGHT!?"
#28EndgamePosted 5/24/2014 3:52:48 PM
yeah, because B/W 2 totally weren't just rehashes of B/W with nostalgia pandering such as being able to fight all the old Gym Leaders
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#29INKU48Posted 5/24/2014 3:55:08 PM
Gotta admit, I used it for the first time just a couple of weeks ago for online multiplayer. The Wii was awesome but I never used it online.
---
ARM7TDMI @ 16.8 MHz | 32 kilobyte + 96 kilobyte VRAM | 256 kilobyte WRAM | 512 simultaneous colors | Dual 8-bit DAC stereo sound
#30DTY3Posted 5/24/2014 6:02:52 PM
BW2 were far more original than Yellow, Crystal, Emerald or Platinum ever were