Thinking about getting one for my daughter

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Thinking about getting one for my daughter
2 years ago#1
Hi Nintendo people.

So my 5 year old have been talking a lot about super mario lately after playing it with a friend last week on a Wii.
So i've been thinking about getting her a WiiU for her birthday next month but i am wondering what other games would be good to get for it.
What other games does the WiiU have that a 6 year old can handle? :)

Allso.
Is there a Netflix ''app'' for the Wiiu?

Or would you rather reccomend that i get her a 2DS instead (no need for the 3D and i have an idea that she'll end up breaking the machine opening it :P )

I dont have a clue whats going on with Nintendo consoles and games so some help would be great :)
English is not my first langauge.
Deal with it
2 years ago#2
Buy her a Mario Kart Bundle

Make sure you open the console before you give it to her and set the online part up. Create a club Nintendo account linked to your eShop account and register the Mario Kart 8 game. You will get to pick a free digital copy of a game. Choose New Super Mario Bros U. Download it, then put it back into the box and wrap it.

Then also consider buying:
Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Any of the Lego games

Virtually all Nintendo-made games are going to be fine for children. That is basically their intended audience.

And yes, the Wii U has a Netflix app. Also Amazon Prime and Hulu.
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
2 years ago#3
A 5 year old child handling the Wii U Gamepad: It's a disaster waiting to happen: You do know that if the gamepad is destroyed (And it will happen), You can throw the console in the garbage too.
Just a friendly advise.
2 years ago#4
barbie dreamhouse party ( lol i never saw me recomending this)
2 years ago#5
Nikra posted...
A 5 year old child handling the Wii U Gamepad: It's a disaster waiting to happen: You do know that if the gamepad is destroyed (And it will happen), You can throw the console in the garbage too.
Just a friendly advise.

This. Hate to say it but it is the truth. You have been warned, sir.
Smile no smile. See if they see what you mean. -Suzanne Vega
2 years ago#6
MaxStar360 posted...
Nikra posted...
Just a friendly advise.

It's $150 to fix. Sucks, but isn't that disastrous. I know many 5 years olds (and younger) that have iPads. Just get a case for the gamepad.
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
2 years ago#7
SampsonM posted...
MaxStar360 posted...
Nikra posted...
Just a friendly advise.

It's $150 to fix. Sucks, but isn't that disastrous. I know many 5 years olds (and younger) that have iPads. Just get a case for the gamepad.

OK, but if she breaks it once it will happen again and again. I am sure he hasn't thought about how much that will cost him.
Smile no smile. See if they see what you mean. -Suzanne Vega
2 years ago#8
MaxStar360 posted...
SampsonM posted...
MaxStar360 posted...
Nikra posted...
Just a friendly advise.

OK, but if she breaks it once it will happen again and again. I am sure he hasn't thought about how much that will cost him.

Good luck breaking it in the first place. It's a lot more durable than people give it credit. Nothing short of deliberately busting it with a hammer would break that thing.
GameFAQS makes 9gag look intelligent and sane. 9gag!
2 years ago#9
I remember being 5 years old and actually taking care of all my video games.
We should put faith that maybe not all 5 year old kids are monsters.
Wii U: xavierfranco
3DS: 1590-4794-1198
2 years ago#10
At 5 years old I honestly think you will be ok, as someone above said, get the gamepad a case and just tell her it's delicate. Obviously you know your daughter far better than anyone here so you know if she is prone to damaging things or not.,
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Thinking about getting one for my daughter

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived