Thinking about getting one for my daughter

#1mirollPosted 5/25/2014 12:44:38 AM
Hi Nintendo people.

So my 5 year old have been talking a lot about super mario lately after playing it with a friend last week on a Wii.
So i've been thinking about getting her a WiiU for her birthday next month but i am wondering what other games would be good to get for it.
What other games does the WiiU have that a 6 year old can handle? :)

Allso.
Is there a Netflix ''app'' for the Wiiu?

Or would you rather reccomend that i get her a 2DS instead (no need for the 3D and i have an idea that she'll end up breaking the machine opening it :P )

I dont have a clue whats going on with Nintendo consoles and games so some help would be great :)
---
English is not my first langauge.
Deal with it
#2SampsonMPosted 5/25/2014 12:49:42 AM
Buy her a Mario Kart Bundle

Make sure you open the console before you give it to her and set the online part up. Create a club Nintendo account linked to your eShop account and register the Mario Kart 8 game. You will get to pick a free digital copy of a game. Choose New Super Mario Bros U. Download it, then put it back into the box and wrap it.

Then also consider buying:
Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Any of the Lego games

Virtually all Nintendo-made games are going to be fine for children. That is basically their intended audience.

And yes, the Wii U has a Netflix app. Also Amazon Prime and Hulu.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#3NikraPosted 5/25/2014 1:05:53 AM
A 5 year old child handling the Wii U Gamepad: It's a disaster waiting to happen: You do know that if the gamepad is destroyed (And it will happen), You can throw the console in the garbage too.
Just a friendly advise.
#4power_trollPosted 5/25/2014 1:08:20 AM
barbie dreamhouse party ( lol i never saw me recomending this)
#5MaxStar360Posted 5/25/2014 1:09:24 AM
Nikra posted...
A 5 year old child handling the Wii U Gamepad: It's a disaster waiting to happen: You do know that if the gamepad is destroyed (And it will happen), You can throw the console in the garbage too.
Just a friendly advise.

This. Hate to say it but it is the truth. You have been warned, sir.
---
Smile no smile. See if they see what you mean. -Suzanne Vega
#6SampsonMPosted 5/25/2014 1:13:07 AM
MaxStar360 posted...
Nikra posted...
Just a friendly advise.

It's $150 to fix. Sucks, but isn't that disastrous. I know many 5 years olds (and younger) that have iPads. Just get a case for the gamepad.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#7MaxStar360Posted 5/25/2014 1:17:30 AM
SampsonM posted...
MaxStar360 posted...
Nikra posted...
Just a friendly advise.

It's $150 to fix. Sucks, but isn't that disastrous. I know many 5 years olds (and younger) that have iPads. Just get a case for the gamepad.

OK, but if she breaks it once it will happen again and again. I am sure he hasn't thought about how much that will cost him.
---
Smile no smile. See if they see what you mean. -Suzanne Vega
#8Felix6464Posted 5/25/2014 1:22:07 AM
MaxStar360 posted...
SampsonM posted...
MaxStar360 posted...
Nikra posted...
Just a friendly advise.

OK, but if she breaks it once it will happen again and again. I am sure he hasn't thought about how much that will cost him.

Good luck breaking it in the first place. It's a lot more durable than people give it credit. Nothing short of deliberately busting it with a hammer would break that thing.
---
GameFAQS makes 9gag look intelligent and sane. 9gag!
#9xavierakanePosted 5/25/2014 1:24:24 AM
I remember being 5 years old and actually taking care of all my video games.
We should put faith that maybe not all 5 year old kids are monsters.
---
Wii U: xavierfranco
3DS: 1590-4794-1198
#10effenzoPosted 5/25/2014 1:25:14 AM
At 5 years old I honestly think you will be ok, as someone above said, get the gamepad a case and just tell her it's delicate. Obviously you know your daughter far better than anyone here so you know if she is prone to damaging things or not.,