Thinking about getting one for my daughter

#11NikraPosted 5/25/2014 12:33:20 AM
Well, I wash my hands. TC is warned.
#12IokuaPosted 5/25/2014 12:39:51 AM
Nikra posted...
A 5 year old child handling the Wii U Gamepad: It's a disaster waiting to happen: You do know that if the gamepad is destroyed (And it will happen), You can throw the console in the garbage too.
Just a friendly advise.

I don't know what five year old children you've met, but none I've ever encountered were in any way destructive. Accidents happen, of course, but if the child is properly supervised there will be little to no chance of the gamepad winding up broken.

It wouldn't hurt to grab your daughter a Wii U, my parents started me on the NES when I was four. As others have said you should grab the Mario Kart bundle, register the game and grab the free one you get for it. I suggest getting New Super Mario Bros. as it's a game you can play together and it's not too difficult. Mario 3D World is another great choice for multiplayer, and the Wii U is backwards compatible with Wii games, so you can grab anything from that as well. I would also suggest looking into the eShop's virtual console, it's a good place to grab a few retro games, which in turn are good for getting your to appreciate games, and not just the flash and sizzle of modern stuff.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#13MaxStar360Posted 5/25/2014 12:41:26 AM
I am not talking about general day to day behaviour nor am I calling 5 year olds monsters (Come on WTF?!?)

BUT: Tantrums. They happen and with most 5 year olds they happen regularly. Only the TC will know the frequency and severity (especially in terms of destructiveness) of them, though, so we should wait for a reply. But imagine if she was prone to having a tantrum when she lost at her favourite game. Most kids are more reasonable, granted, but until TC replies it is too early to call. It just remains something to consider.
---
Smile no smile. See if they see what you mean. -Suzanne Vega
#14NikraPosted 5/25/2014 1:27:18 AM(edited)
Iokua posted...
Nikra posted...
A 5 year old child handling the Wii U Gamepad: It's a disaster waiting to happen: You do know that if the gamepad is destroyed (And it will happen), You can throw the console in the garbage too.
Just a friendly advise.

I don't know what five year old children you've met, but none I've ever encountered were in any way destructive. Accidents happen, of course, but if the child is properly supervised there will be little to no chance of the gamepad winding up broken.

It wouldn't hurt to grab your daughter a Wii U, my parents started me on the NES when I was four. As others have said you should grab the Mario Kart bundle, register the game and grab the free one you get for it. I suggest getting New Super Mario Bros. as it's a game you can play together and it's not too difficult. Mario 3D World is another great choice for multiplayer, and the Wii U is backwards compatible with Wii games, so you can grab anything from that as well. I would also suggest looking into the eShop's virtual console, it's a good place to grab a few retro games, which in turn are good for getting your to appreciate games, and not just the flash and sizzle of modern stuff.

You where started on the NES: Are you kidding me??? You can throw that thing from the Fifth floor and Down in to a pool. And then pick it up and make it dry. Then it's as good as new.
Trust me, I know.
Try that with the Wii U.
#15miroll(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2014 12:57:10 AM
Whoa that was a lot of fast and great replies :)

i've been looking at the bundle pack and it seems like the perfect choice actually.
And if it so happens i could allways get the Zelda game so i can get some fun with the machine as well ;P.

About her breaking the gamepad: She usually play games on my tablet and there has never been any other problems than some creasy fingers so i'm not all that worried about the gamepad as it looks pretty sturdy.

She is generally pretty relaxed, and the only tantrums i've ever seen her pull is the ''i dont wanna go to bed'' crazyness now and then.

That there is a netflix app is great as well, as it Means that she can Watch her ''my Little pony'' and ''dora'' and so on, in her room now and then since that can litterly make a grown man CRAZY! :P

About the wii games tho ( I like that it can play those) i will need a Wii mote (?) to play those right?

Thank you for all the help :)
---
English is not my first langauge.
Deal with it
#16Xerneas1Posted 5/25/2014 1:01:12 AM
miroll posted...

i've been looking at the bundle pack and it seems like the perfect choice actually.
And if it so happens i could allways get the Zelda game so i can get some fun with the machine as well ;P.

About her breaking the gamepad: She usually play games on my tablet and there has never been any other problems than some creasy fingers so i'm not all that worried about the gamepad as it looks pretty sturdy.

She is generally pretty relaxed, and the only tantrums i've ever seen her pull is the ''i dont wanna go to bed'' crazyness now and then.

That there is a netflix app is great as well, as it Means that she can Watch her ''my Little pony'' and ''dora'' and so on, in her room now and then since that can litterly make a grown man CRAZY! :P

About the wii games tho ( I like that it can play those) i will need a Wii mote (?) to play those right?

the bundle comes with a wii mote
---
R.I.P BurnedPotatoes
#17xavierakanePosted 5/25/2014 1:02:24 AM
miroll posted...

Glad to hear it.
The Mario Kart 8 bundle comes with a Wiimote you may need a nunchuk for some Wii games.
---
Wii U: xavierfranco
3DS: 1590-4794-1198
#18NikraPosted 5/25/2014 1:04:52 AM
miroll posted...

I hope that I didn't scared you away from the Wii U.
Just remember that on the gamepad there's Sticks that can be broken. Just to mention the obvious.
#19Xerneas1Posted 5/25/2014 1:07:15 AM
Nikra posted...
miroll posted...

I hope that I didn't scared you away from the Wii U.
Just remember that on the gamepad there's Sticks that can be broken. Just to mention the obvious.

don't jinx the guy
---
R.I.P BurnedPotatoes
#20miroll(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2014 1:08:42 AM
Well that bundle just gets better and better :O

I'm pretty sure i'll end up buying that bundle then :)

@Nikra-
Not at all and i appriciate the concern :)
---
English is not my first langauge.
Deal with it