Thinking about getting one for my daughter

#31MerenwenragoPosted 5/25/2014 2:52:24 AM
miroll posted...
MaxStar360 posted...
miroll posted...
Well that bundle just gets better and better :O

I'm pretty sure i'll end up buying that bundle then :)

@Nikra-
Not at all and i appriciate the concern :)

Hey man why am I left out of the "I appreciate your concern" bit? Nikra gave up, I forged ahead to try to highlight what could happen to help you out you know? Now I feel left out... ;_;

Aaaw man i'm sorry buddy.

Here's a virtual hug and a thank you :)

Try get Smash Bros Brawl and Pokepark 1 and 2 very fun games and easy enough.
---
Silver 3ds: Ichigo 1177-6436-5894 (Dragon Safari - Fraxure/Noibat/Druddigon)
Blue 3ds: Chloe 2552-1796-6303 (Dark Safari - Vullaby/Sandile/Inkay)
#32PannerPosted 5/25/2014 2:59:45 AM
Just to let you know about the Netflix app on the WiiU.
When you boot it up it'll ask you what version of Netflix you want. The full blown Netflix or kids.
When you select kids, that's all you get, kids shows. There is no chance of your daughter watching anything inappropriate.

It's actually rather great.
---
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3
#33NikraPosted 5/25/2014 3:10:10 AM
Panner posted...
When you boot it up it'll ask you what version of Netflix you want. The full blown Netflix or kids.
When you select kids, that's all you get, kids shows. There is no chance of your daughter watching anything inappropriate.

I don't get it?. My Wii U is for gaming. If/when I want to Watch tv, I have 50+ channels of s""" on my tv to choose from. Just to quote Pink Floyd.
#34MithrilMonarchPosted 5/25/2014 3:12:08 AM
Nikra posted...
Panner posted...

I don't get it?. My Wii U is for gaming. If/when I want to Watch tv, I have 50+ channels of s""" on my tv to choose from. Just to quote Pink Floyd.

Cable is a waste of money.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where you need to justify being wrong.
#35miroll(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2014 3:12:30 AM
Panner posted...

Now that is actually really great!
---
English is not my first langauge.
Deal with it
#36NikraPosted 5/25/2014 3:31:22 AM(edited)
MithrilMonarch posted...
Nikra posted...
Panner posted...

Cable is a waste of money.

You got that right.
The problem is that where I live (Appartment Building) The majority rules.
#37shinstrikePosted 5/25/2014 3:31:37 AM
Gamepad is much harder to break than people here would leave you to believe. And i doubt very much a 5 year old child has the strength to break it
---
Pokemon X Friend Safari Galvantula, Electrabuzz, Pachirisu(Electric type), friend code 2766 8993 3310 3DS name Generic, Pokemon X name Land
#38MaxStar360Posted 5/25/2014 3:40:23 AM
shinstrike posted...
Gamepad is much harder to break than people here would leave you to believe. And i doubt very much a 5 year old child has the strength to break it

I was imagining something akin to her throwing it on the ground and stomping on it. Preeettty sure that will do it...right? How sturdy can they be?
---
Smile no smile. See if they see what you mean. -Suzanne Vega
#39NikraPosted 5/25/2014 3:40:27 AM
shinstrike posted...

It has nothing to do with strenght. It's all about determination.
#40PrincessEevee9Posted 5/25/2014 4:06:32 AM
Nikra posted...
A 5 year old child handling the Wii U Gamepad: It's a disaster waiting to happen: You do know that if the gamepad is destroyed (And it will happen), You can throw the console in the garbage too.
Just a friendly advise.

MaxStar360 posted...
SampsonM posted...
MaxStar360 posted...
Nikra posted...
A 5 year old child handling the Wii U Gamepad: It's a disaster waiting to happen: You do know that if the gamepad is destroyed (And it will happen), You can throw the console in the garbage too.
Just a friendly advise.

This. Hate to say it but it is the truth. You have been warned, sir.

It's $150 to fix. Sucks, but isn't that disastrous. I know many 5 years olds (and younger) that have iPads. Just get a case for the gamepad.

OK, but if she breaks it once it will happen again and again. I am sure he hasn't thought about how much that will cost him.

Please ignore these morons.

Now then yes you should get your 5 year old a Wii U buy her a case and screen protectors she's going to be touching the screen shot even if she has a stylus because kids like hands on. Another thing don't buy her any stupid shovelware titles like Disney Image or Barbie (they get bad reviews for a reason).

For game titles it all depends on her tastes and how you gauge her maturity level. Oh and if she has any siblings.
Get her Nintendoland if it doesn't already come packaged with. Also get your daughter Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong:Tropical Freeze. Both are sold multiplayer games that have some difficulty and learning curve. So you can help her out in a jam. Also Wii Party I and Just Dance are fun nonsense games that she can go nuts too. Also could buy her the handful of other challenging games like The Wonderful 101 (Set to Easy, Child of Light (Again set to really easy), and both NW Remix 1+2 for getting her interested in old school.

The eShop different story since there's tons of fun games to play there. Myself I'd get her those GBA titles (Mario& Luigi: Superstar Saga, Golden Sun, Metroid Fusion, Yoshi Island 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man, and so many others)

Children can play games no matter how young they are. If all depends on how dedicated of a parent you are. I was gaming since I was two and I started with Arcade abs the SNES with Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Quest, Final Fantasy, and Bomberman (as I had a computer abs ROM'd games to. ) And the Jumpstart/Cluefinders series. As long as you taught her patience, understanding, and how to problem solve she'll be fine.