Thinking about getting one for my daughter

#41PrincessEevee9Posted 5/25/2014 4:08:15 AM
PrincessEevee9 posted...
Nikra posted...
A 5 year old child handling the Wii U Gamepad: It's a disaster waiting to happen: You do know that if the gamepad is destroyed (And it will happen), You can throw the console in the garbage too.
Just a friendly advise.

MaxStar360 posted...
MaxStar360 posted...
Nikra posted...
A 5 year old child handling the Wii U Gamepad: It's a disaster waiting to happen: You do know that if the gamepad is destroyed (And it will happen), You can throw the console in the garbage too.
Just a friendly advise.

This. Hate to say it but it is the truth. You have been warned, sir.

OK, but if she breaks it once it will happen again and again. I am sure he hasn't thought about how much that will cost him.

Please ignore these morons.

Now then yes you should get your 5 year old a Wii U buy her a case and screen protectors she's going to be touching the screen shot even if she has a stylus because kids like hands on. Another thing don't buy her any stupid shovelware titles like Disney Image or Barbie (they get bad reviews for a reason).

For game titles it all depends on her tastes and how you gauge her maturity level. Oh and if she has any siblings.
Get her Nintendoland if it doesn't already come packaged with. Also get your daughter Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong:Tropical Freeze. Both are sold multiplayer games that have some difficulty and learning curve. So you can help her out in a jam. Also Wii Party I and Just Dance are fun nonsense games that she can go nuts too. Also could buy her the handful of other challenging games like The Wonderful 101 (Set to Easy, Child of Light (Again set to really easy), and both NW Remix 1+2 for getting her interested in old school.

The eShop different story since there's tons of fun games to play there. Myself I'd get her those GBA titles (Mario& Luigi: Superstar Saga, Golden Sun, Metroid Fusion, Yoshi Island 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man, and so many others)

Children can play games no matter how young they are. If all depends on how dedicated of a parent you are. I was gaming since I was two and I started with Arcade abs the SNES with Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Quest, Final Fantasy, and Bomberman (as I had a computer abs ROM'd games to. ) And the Jumpstart/Cluefinders series. As long as you taught her patience, understanding, and how to problem solve she'll be fine.

Ugh wish I could edit. Sampson was fine.
#42Painface999Posted 5/25/2014 4:16:12 AM
I have a little girl who just turned 6 and she loves it, I sit with her and watch her play Mario brothers.
I use my Wii u for me and her to play together not as a digital babysitter
I recommend it unless your child is destructive lol
I think she will be just fine with it.
Also she tried the demo of Mario Kart 8 in gamestop and loved it so I preordered it for her
#43MaxStar360Posted 5/25/2014 4:19:08 AM
Please ignore these morons.

What about our posts is moronic? You are being ignorant, judgemental and foolish. We were trying to caution him against tantrums which EVERY KID HAS! Kids are not destructive ***** but tantrums are a reality. If you have a violent tantrum going, the Gamepad might just become a target and that is what we were concerned about. We weren't fearmongering, we were expressing concern over the possibiliy she had destructive tantrums The TC replied that she doesn't so it is a moot point and a Wii U would be a good buy but don't you dare call us names or look down your nose at us because we are realists. Not all 5 year olds are well behaved. My cousins were violent and incredibly destructive when they had tantrums in full swing at 5 and they could definitely taken down a gamepad.
---
Smile no smile. See if they see what you mean. -Suzanne Vega
#44miroll(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2014 4:31:31 AM
I'm just going to ignore all the name calling and stuff and pretend it kept on being a bunch of nice helpfull post where people was pleasant and calm towards eachother.

Painface999 posted...

Yeah its important that it doesnt become a digital babysitter.
But that wont be a problem :)

I really am looking forward to having something to really bond around with her.

I know my dad and i did a lot of bonding back in the time playing super mario and what not.
---
English is not my first langauge.
Deal with it
#45Painface999Posted 5/25/2014 4:56:23 AM
One of the coolest moments is seeing my little girl beat the first level in Mario Bros U after probably 100 lives it was awesome to see the look on her face after she did it. It made every penny for it worth it
#46PannerPosted 5/25/2014 4:57:33 AM
miroll posted...
I'm just going to ignore all the name calling and stuff and pretend it kept on being a bunch of nice helpfull post where people was pleasant and calm towards eachother.

Painface999 posted...

Yeah its important that it doesnt become a digital babysitter.
But that wont be a problem :)

I really am looking forward to having something to really bond around with her.

I know my dad and i did a lot of bonding back in the time playing super mario and what not.

The Mario games, and just about any other Nintendo is great for this purpose.
Nintendo games are great for ALL the family. Mario Kart, Mario 3D world, and the 2D one are great for couch multiplayer gaming sessions.

I feel that this is something that is severely lacking in the PS4 and Xbox One.
---
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3
#47brentendo3Posted 5/25/2014 5:15:52 AM
Get Lego City, it's my 3 year olds fav game of all time so far. Also get Mario Kart 8, NSMBU and 3D World. Don't get Donkey Kong or Luigi U, they will be too hard.
#48MaxStar360Posted 5/25/2014 5:19:27 AM
Going to explain yourself, PrincessEevee? Or are you just going to slink away?
---
Smile no smile. See if they see what you mean. -Suzanne Vega
#49Xerneas1Posted 5/25/2014 5:36:45 AM
Nikra posted...
Xerneas1 posted...
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
The game library on the Wii U is not great.

I would suggest you buy for your daughter a 2DS.
Plays all of the games as a 3DS (which is a lot now), and she's less likely to break it.

The ONLY reason you would buy for her a Wii U would be if there is/are a particular game(s) that she wants, that is exclusive to it.
[for example, Pikmin 3, but she's probably a bit young for that, in terms of gameplay]

LOL

LOL. Yet another Xbox/PS fanboy. You don't even try anymore.

wut i meant that the 3ds will break easier then the gamepad

also if i said anything u dont like im Xbox/PS fanboy?

i have 3ds and a wiiu
---
R.I.P BurnedPotatoes
#50NES_Gamer1988Posted 5/25/2014 6:21:05 AM
I love my wii u and all but I will want my kids to start on the classics of NES before moving on to the current systems but thats just me ha.