No MK 8 demo at Gamestop and what's worse...

#1HeroC114Posted 5/25/2014 1:50:12 AM
The guy behind the counter was talking mad crap about the Wii U. Not once did he mention one good game to purchase and had to mention the state of the Wii U sales wise as if it matters compared to giving me the tub down of the system capabilities, features, and highlights.

He also said MK 8 would not be a system seller and to wait for Smash. I told him maybe of there were a demo in their empty store, that would be a different story.

I egged him on by telling him it was better for me as I can buy dirt cheap used games thanks to its poor condition, and also told him he probably doesn't own one and had no idea what he was talking about.

Then I contemplated buying some used Wii games but left them on his counter for him to clean up and return in spite. Went to the mom and pop pawn shop in the same plaza instead and picked up Twilight Princess on the cheap instead for Wii.

TL::DR Gamestop employees hate Wii U and want it to fail and also suck at selling people products.
---
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
#2CloudStrife630Posted 5/25/2014 1:51:52 AM
GameStop employees are part of the "dude bro" crowd. Nintendo is kiddy to them
---
http://i.minus.com/iVTT7iHZ0KMgK.gif
http://i.minus.com/iYhUUsVGB6VbX.gif
#3Xerneas1Posted 5/25/2014 1:52:17 AM(edited)
TC why do u lie?
---
R.I.P BurnedPotatoes
#4gamefreakz92Posted 5/25/2014 1:54:48 AM
CloudStrife630 posted...
GameStop employees are part of the "dude bro" crowd. Nintendo is kiddy to them

For the most part, I agree.
#5HeroC114(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2014 1:54:53 AM
Xerneas1 posted...
TC why do u lie?

I'm writing this on the toilet at almost 4 AM after coming from my girlfriends house. Oh and this all happened. I can take a picture of my receipt tomorrow morning of Twilight Princess.
---
#6Xerneas1Posted 5/25/2014 1:57:43 AM
HeroC114 posted...
Xerneas1 posted...
TC why do u lie?

I'm writing this on the toilet at almost 4 AM after coming from my girlfriends house. Oh and this all happened. I can take a picture of my receipt tomorrow morning of Twilight Princess.

are you also making this up?
---
R.I.P BurnedPotatoes
#7xavierakanePosted 5/25/2014 2:00:16 AM
Yeah that's usually how I get treated when I used go to GameStop to buy Wii games. Why must they give me their opinions when I just want to buy a game. I do not know if that is their idea of friendly by telling me I should get an Xbox. -___-
---
Wii U: xavierfranco
3DS: 1590-4794-1198
#8HeroC114(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2014 2:00:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9EinhanderZer0Posted 5/25/2014 2:06:02 AM
Fake or not, that kind of scenario can be see at one of my local GameStops. However, it's not like that at another local GameStop. I know some of the employees from both stores. At one store, they always talk to me about buying a PS4/One knowing full well that I'm not interested, while at the other store, the employees always talk to me about Mario Kart and Smash Bros and that we should play online against each other, so on and so forth. Old high school buddies. Some GameStops are quite bi-polar when it comes to where the employees stand with Nintendo.
---
"She's such a loser! Always ready to cry! Tatatata!"
NNID: EinhanderZer0
#10HeroC114(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2014 2:10:33 AM
Xerneas1 posted...
TC why do u lie?

Sorry. It's because I'm a sinner fallen from grace and I need the perfect love and sacrifice of Jesus Christ in order to be redeemed because apart from that, I am nothing but chafe in the wind.
---