Good time for me to jump on the WiiU??

#1DragonGPosted 5/31/2014 10:10:40 PM
I've been pondering about the Mario Kart Wii U bundle, since it was released yesterday. I mean you got the console itself, and then the Wiimote, wheel, Mario Kart, and you can redeem a free game on top of that. Do you think it would be a good time for me jump in on the WiiU? Or is it too little too late now for the WiiU, and I should wait for the next Nintendo console?
---
Man running in front of car get TIRED. Man running behind car get EXHAUSTED.
PSN Tag: StudBoi69
#2Wii_TruthPosted 5/31/2014 10:21:15 PM
I wouldn't recommend it. I know Nintendo consoles have a reputation for being durable, but this might be going too far.
---
You want Wii truth? You can't handle Wii Truth!
#3578t7645uyb5Posted 5/31/2014 10:28:09 PM
I lol'd
---
Braev Lee D's Fault
#4felipin24Posted 5/31/2014 10:28:51 PM
Lol that bundle is a steal. Besides, there are plenty of good games out right now. And most importantly MK8 is totally awesome. You'll see, you won't be disappointed. In fact due to all the negative posts here about the system, I'm willing to bet you would be pleasently surprised by the Wii U
---
3ds FC 3823-8642-5293
Nintendo id feloichooseyou
#5mrbooniePosted 5/31/2014 10:32:20 PM
Wii_Truth posted...
I wouldn't recommend it. I know Nintendo consoles have a reputation for being durable, but this might be going too far.

You sir, get my Regiemendation!
#6VoxwikPosted 5/31/2014 10:40:39 PM(edited)
As someone who had no intention of buying a Wii U in the foreseeable future until like two days ago, I'd say yes now is an excellent time.

I think of it like this. Games are ~$60.

Let's say even one you get is worth $40 like WW:HD.

$329.99
-$59.99 (MK8)
-$41.37 (WW:HD Amazon)
=$228.63 for the system

Now for me I chose Pikmin 3 (since it's more expensive and I just got WW from Amazon) so it was more like $215ish, which is not bad a bad price considering it also comes with another normal Wii Remote as well.

The final thing that pushed me over (though I was leaning towards it anyway due to the promotion) was hearing Monolith Soft's game is confirmed for NA. Nintendo of America got incredibly wishy-washy with localization and the last I heard Reggie said they might wait to see how Monolith Soft's next game does in Europe before bringing it over (again). That put me off of the system big time, but now that it's confirmed for NA that eases my fears of NoA's "only the big ones" localization policy sticking around.
#7terrancejonesPosted 5/31/2014 10:40:03 PM
HAahahaha, that was a good one.

But seriously, don't jump on the console, just purchase it if you want to, because it's still starting out after all. And there's a decent library of games now to hold you until Smash Bros. Once you have both Kart and Smash, you do have all the party games you need to hold you off for ever, until your next wanted game comes out, rinse and repeat until next gen.
---
If people want the Wii U Cheaper, and the cost of the White model is already the price of the 3DS XL, are they saying they want it the same price as a 3DS?
#8Nerreltron9000Posted 5/31/2014 10:40:22 PM
Nintendo is not going to ditch the Wii U. They may shorten its lifespan to 4 years instead of the usual 5-6, but it already has a pretty great set of exclusives and many more are dropping over the next few months alone.

The worst case scenario is that you buy it now and then a price drop comes later this year or next, but the free game offer easily makes up for that potential loss.

I suppose you may as well until after e3 to decide though, since the free game offer will still apply for a while. I'm sure the new Zelda will persuade you...
#9terrancejonesPosted 5/31/2014 10:40:52 PM
Also, the Wii Mote values at 30 dollars. Might want to consider that in your mathematics Voxwik...
---
If people want the Wii U Cheaper, and the cost of the White model is already the price of the 3DS XL, are they saying they want it the same price as a 3DS?
#10INKU48Posted 5/31/2014 10:48:11 PM
Sure. Just make sure that there are at least some more present and/or future games you want apart from just the ones you get with the bundle. I think it's a nice console with an underappreciated library of games.
---
ARM7TDMI @ 16.8 MHz | 32 kilobyte + 96 kilobyte VRAM | 256 kilobyte WRAM | 512 simultaneous colors | Dual 8-bit DAC stereo sound