Would you be willing to buy more NES VC games if you could get them on the 3DS?

#1CubeTVPosted 6/3/2014 12:17:09 AM
Like... Right now, I really want to get Super Mario Bros. 2, Caslevenia 1 (never played the series before), Ice Climber and Clu-Clu Land but then I would also like them on the 3DS also... If I did want all of these for both systems, it would cost me $40 to do that. Which instead I'd rather just buy a eshop game (Child of Light of something) and save the rest for other things.

Would you be willing to buy more NES VC games if you could get them on your 3DS as well? It would save you money AND be good for those with both a 3DS and Wii U to make the experience more unified (like the SNES/GB and GCN/GBA were with their two-for-one purchase).

For those who DON'T want this, can you explain why you don't want this? It's a win-win thing for everybody.
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 6/3/2014 12:30:53 AM
Not really a factor for me since I don't really find the 3DS comfortable to hold. It's a stylus game system for me (primarily Theatrhythm). That said, I support cross-buy.

I just wish I could get more of the VC on the Wii U's native VC in the first place.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#3parabola_masterPosted 6/3/2014 12:35:27 AM
I agree that the gamepad is a lot more comfortable for those types of games, especially since you can't remap buttons on the 3DS. Also games simply look prettier on my HDTV or the gamepad

But yes, I'd love for nintendo to allow cross-platform downloads
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.14
#4CubeTV(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 2:13:33 AM(edited)
I find both the 3DS and Wii U gamepad to be comfortable to hold and play on. I grew up on the gameboy stuff so the whole slightly tilted B then A works just fine with me.

NovaLevossida posted...
Not really a factor for me since I don't really find the 3DS comfortable to hold. It's a stylus game system for me (primarily Theatrhythm). That said, I support cross-buy.

I just wish I could get more of the VC on the Wii U's native VC in the first place.

Agreed. I would love to be able to play some Square RPG's (Final Fantasy stuff, Orge Battle, Chrono Trigger, ActiRaiser) and Super Mario RPG/Kart for the first time on the gamepad instead of the Wii Classic Controller. Final Fantasy 1 for the NES is the only NES game on the Wii VC I haven't been able to upgrade yet and it bites since I'm already willing to pay for the extra support (gamepad controller). Same with the N64 games which I'd even be willing to pay $3 per upgrade (so that would be at least $60 spent just for upgrades for the 20 or so games).
#5n00bsaib0tPosted 6/3/2014 2:16:22 AM
CubeTV posted...
For those who DON'T want this, can you explain why you don't want this? It's a win-win thing for everybody.

There's literally nobody that doesn't want this. There are some of us that recognize Nintendo is trying to cut off game sharing at the knees, an issue Sony has always and likely will always have with its online store. But would we like to be able to have our purchases on multiple systems at once? Of course.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#6da_StoOgePosted 6/3/2014 3:20:44 AM
NovaLevossida posted...

This.

But I'd buy more NES games if they weren't all block puzzle clones and sports titles.

Where the hell is Contra? I was two levels of a no death run before the system I had it on died. I want to finish what I started.
---
Well I'll be damned. Watch Dogs is quite good.
#7CubeTV(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 8:38:13 PM
CubeTV posted...
t would cost me $40 to do that

Lol. I'm going through this exact problem right now. I want to get Ice Climber, but there's no way I want to pay $10 for it when I can get something better like Stick It To The Man or spend $5 more and get Child of Light.

I'm really hoping this E3, Nintendo announces a cross-buy feature. Or at least a discount so I only have to pay $6.
#8Bahamut_10thPosted 6/6/2014 8:44:02 PM
For the 3DS, Wii U, and any future platform.

Only then they would be worth the price charged.
---
The Rolling Western deserves a big budget sequel. People who agree: 6
#9Stanger5150Posted 6/6/2014 8:49:53 PM
I just want more NES games that are difficult to obtain in cart form, like Little Samson and Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak.
---
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4
#10KirbyFreak101Posted 6/6/2014 8:53:03 PM
well nes games i have already so it will that oh wait no ok