Just ordered me a WiiU

#1starfire09Posted 6/4/2014 7:36:41 AM
So I'm sure you get this topic a lot, but I thought I'd post anyway. I just ordered a MK8 bundle, and it should be getting here in less than a week. I have a 3DS and have pretty much played everything I want to on it, so I figured I might as well pick up the WiiU (mostly because Smash is coming). However, I haven't kept up with ANY of the games or anything that the WiiU has to offer. As of right now all I know is that I'll be getting MK8 with the bundle, probably Wind Waker as the free game with it, Smash when it comes out, and most definitely Wonderful 101 as soon as possible. Other than that, I'm not too sure. That's why I'm posting here >_>

What games do you guys suggest? I'm thinking about Pikmin 3, although I have only played the first one and don't even think I beat it. Still worth it? Also, I've heard good things about ZombiiU, so I might pick that up as well. Other than that, literally any WiiU (or Wii game for that matter, I never had a Wii) game or VC game is completely possible. I'm not a huge fan of the typical Mario games (wasn't a fan of 3D Land) other than like, the SNES games, so I'm not sure New SMB U would be up my alley. But yeah, whatever suggestions you guys might have for games, VC games, or other software to get on my WiiU would be appreciated!!
---
this is gamespot u noob not gamefaq - EE2lemmonhead
#2fon1988Posted 6/4/2014 7:38:37 AM
Pikmin 3
Sonic Racing Transformed
Zombi U
Super Mario 3D World
Lego City
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Trine 2
---
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, Kirby Triple Deluxe
#3SquareSidePosted 6/4/2014 7:38:46 AM
Lego City Undercover
---
PSN XBL n'' - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#4NathanmgPosted 6/4/2014 7:41:09 AM
NSMB and Luigi U are very much like the snes games, feels a lot like Super Mario World in many aspects.

3D World is a lot better than Land.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is a must buy if you enjoyed the originals imo, pick up Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii as well (although Tropical freeze is the better game).
#5SpookyryuPosted 6/4/2014 7:41:41 AM
MK8 gives you a free game if you register to clubnintendo.com, you can choose from windwaker, pikmin3, NSMBU or PArty U, so I gues you can get Pikmin 3 , I recommend Zombie U, Lego city undercover, Batman Origins and City, Rayman Legends, DK TF, 3D World, Duck Tales and Injustice
#6BoomerTheGreatPosted 6/4/2014 7:54:41 AM
The Last Story (Wii)
Super Mario 3D World
ZombiU
Earthbound (VC)
Super Metroid(VC)
COD Ghosts if you want a FPS because off TV is good.
DK TF
LoZ: Twilight Princess (Wii)
---
Greatness comes from within
#7Dannyson97Posted 6/4/2014 8:02:49 AM
Nintendo Land Is a great party game(just have a Wii Motion plus.
Lego City Undercover is pretty good.
As some who likes the Pikimin series I'd say finish the first one and see from there.
Give Rayman Legends a try if you haven't great game.
You said you don't care for typical Mario games, so I'll just give ya why they are, Mario 3D World is basically 3D Land times 10, and Super Mario U, is basically any Mario Side scroller.
Take what I said and enjoy your U. =p
---
I'm a Christian and proud!
You have to reach for the stars to live and learn only then can you attain endless possibilities, and show them what your made of.
#8rockusPosted 6/4/2014 8:24:57 AM(edited)
Pikmin 3
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Nintendo Land
Wonderful 101
Zombi U
Rayman Legends
Lego City

3D World and Nintendo Land especially recommended if you have people to play them with.

And if you don't have a Wii yet there are plenty of games for that to check out as well

Also, I don't know if it's still going but Toys R Us did have stuff on clearance that you could check out. Wonderful 101 was one of the clearance games though it's most likely that's been bought up by now.
---
http://thetramp.dvdaf.com/
#9starfire09(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2014 8:59:49 AM
Thanks for the responses, guys! Any other recommendations for original Wii or VC games? I dropped a good 1/5 of a paycheck on the system, so I'd probably like to pick up some cheaper, older games for the next month or so
---
this is gamespot u noob not gamefaq - EE2lemmonhead
#10SpookyryuPosted 6/4/2014 9:02:31 AM
starfire09 posted...
Thanks for the responses, guys! Any other recommendations for original Wii or VC games? I dropped a good 1/5 of a paycheck on the system, so I'd probably like to pick up some cheaper, older games for the next month or so

The Last Story
Xenoblade Chronicles
Pandora's Tower
Fragile Dreams
Mad World
Sin & Punishment
Little King's story
Punch Out