One very underrated feature of the WiiU

#11ZayziePosted 6/6/2014 1:20:36 PM
Yay!! I don't even notice...my electric bill is basically the same now as it was this time last year. In fact it's $4.32 less than last year and I play my ps4 a lot recently. I only had a wii last year....hmmm. guess it doesn't really matter....
---
Now we see the violence inherent in the system!... Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
#12SlimeSwayzePosted 6/6/2014 1:25:05 PM
Other than the last week (thanks to MK8, the free download, and Minish Cap) my Wii U has been powered down almost constantly for months, so that's saved me a few bucks on my energy bill.

With my PS4, I tend to turn it off entirely instead of keeping it on stand-by, so that helps with energy efficiency.
---
Currently Playing: Pikmin 3, Dark Souls 2, and Ys: Memories of Celceta.
#13AceMagasePosted 6/6/2014 1:34:30 PM
Costs about $2 a month to run an X1 or PS4 (with standby on) vs. $0.33 to run a wii u and that doesn't factor in one major aspect of the wii u, can anybody guess what that is? Yep, the gamepad! You factor that in and you might save $1 a month or $0.03 a day! With the savings you can by an extra value meal per year. so so under-rated
#14DiscostewSMPosted 6/6/2014 3:08:35 PM
AceMagase posted...
Costs about $2 a month to run an X1 or PS4 (with standby on) vs. $0.33 to run a wii u and that doesn't factor in one major aspect of the wii u, can anybody guess what that is? Yep, the gamepad! You factor that in and you might save $1 a month or $0.03 a day! With the savings you can by an extra value meal per year. so so under-rated

I wonder how much of a difference it would be if the Gamepad were charged via a USB port on the Wii U, making the Wii U the only part of the package connected to a power outlet.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#15DrumguyPosted 6/6/2014 3:12:39 PM
EzioAuditore947 posted...
Wow, i saved 20p this week!. And i only had to play sub par games to do it!

Um, good?
---
The next person that replies to me with, "I know, right?" to me will be answered with, "No, you're wrong."
#16MetroidJunkiePosted 6/6/2014 3:14:38 PM
What surprised me is it consumes less electricity than the Wii. That atleast proves the technology used in the system is new, since older hardware of that level of power would consume a significant amount more electricity than it does. It just happens to be weaker new hardware.
#17anonymousickoPosted 6/6/2014 3:15:42 PM

Which sub par games again? Last time I checked, Nintendo games have far better average rating on Metacritic compared to PS4 and Xbone. Game is not about graphics and resolution, it's about the gameplay.
---
"Insecure is a sign of immaturity" -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Wp6T6XR90
#18DrumguyPosted 6/6/2014 3:17:26 PM
anonymousicko posted...

Which sub par games again? Last time I checked, Nintendo games have far better average rating on Metacritic compared to PS4 and Xbone. Game is not about graphics and resolution, it's about the gameplay.

Why do you bother responding to comments like this?
---
The next person that replies to me with, "I know, right?" to me will be answered with, "No, you're wrong."