uh. Wind Waker kinda isn't very good... (to me)

#41ecylisPosted 6/7/2014 1:53:34 PM
UncleGrubby posted...
Iokua posted...
You are the only person I've ever heard gripe about the controls being "finicky", or having slow animations, or about having too many cutscenes and talking. It sounds like you're expecting the games to be stuck in the past, and to feel antiquated. If you're so hung up on the 2D games and have such ridiculous complaints then perhaps you should stick with said 2D games. Play A Link Between Worlds on the 3DS, I expect you'll enjoy it.

Yeah, I did. It was awesome. It was way better than any of the 3D titles. Wind Waker DOES have clunky controls by comparison. I was just using the Grappling Hook and it was such a chore. Also, accidentally climbing up ledges you bump against, swinging the camera to see enemies, accidentally falling off bridges and ledges... ugh.

I never had those problems
---
3DS Friend Code: 3582-9158-2225 | http://i.imgur.com/0C9NRfR.png
#42NeonYoshi11Posted 6/7/2014 1:56:00 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
s...l...o...w... t...e...x...t... s...p...e...e...d...

That really drags down the pacing. Pacing in general is a problem with them. There's a lot more filler content than meaningful content compared to the old 2D games. If you can't add more dungeons and want to make filler content, just make it optional sidequests, you know? Nothing kills pacing like mandatory filler content and that slow text speed.

Dungeons aren't everything. They get kind of old and repetitive after a while, and this series needs to evolve beyond them.
#43McDude_Posted 6/7/2014 2:59:23 PM
NeonYoshi11 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
s...l...o...w... t...e...x...t... s...p...e...e...d...

That really drags down the pacing. Pacing in general is a problem with them. There's a lot more filler content than meaningful content compared to the old 2D games. If you can't add more dungeons and want to make filler content, just make it optional sidequests, you know? Nothing kills pacing like mandatory filler content and that slow text speed.

Dungeons aren't everything. They get kind of old and repetitive after a while, and this series needs to evolve beyond them.

You're drunk. Go home.
#44PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 6/7/2014 3:15:08 PM
I'll admit somehting to everyone here.... The only Zelda I've ever beaten was Ocarina.

Borrowed MM and a stupid addition thingy thing needed for it, didn't like it enough to spend all my allowance on it.

Played TONS of WW..... hated the sailing mechanic SO FLIPPING MUCH I quit. Everything else I thought was awesome, including the art style. But when all I want to do is play, not sail the f***ing ocean..... f*** that game.

Twilight princess.... asinine motion controls... completely and utterly f***ing stupid. I hated the wii because of that. It's collected dust for about 6 years now.

A link to the Past, got one dungeon done, thought it pretty "meh," and moved on.

I played Zelda 1 and 2 on the NES for a few minutes before giving up.

And those are the only Zeldas I've played. Zelda as a series does not impress me what so ever.
---
http://tinyurl.com/myofwa4 - Played Mystical Ninja 64? Click this.
The only games I want in the near future: Dark Souls II, Bravely Default, Fallout 4