Nintendo is always at their best when their back is against the wall.

#1KayJayRightPosted 6/6/2014 10:53:13 PM(edited)
They grew complacent with the success of the Wii. They lost sight of what made them the game company we are accustomed to, and that's why the past few years have been so dark. They expected to easily reel in the casual market again, but failed to do so because of marketing that would make anyone with a brain cringe.

They seem to be firing on all cylinders now. If it's any indication, their past three marquee titles (DK, Mario 3D, and MK8) have all been top quality, and I have a feeling like they are aware of the direness of the Wii U's current situation.

There will be bombs dropped on that fateful Tuesday morning. Hopefully we can gain a glimpse of their glorious 2004-2007 reign in the actions they take to save the Wii U.
#2DorotimusWitikPosted 6/6/2014 10:53:44 PM
Well, there is always the possibility that they'll go completely insane and double-down on casual BS if QoL ends up being something.
#3KayJayRight(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 10:55:25 PM
DorotimusWitik posted...
Well, there is always the possibility that they'll go completely insane and double-down on casual BS if QoL ends up being something.

I like to not think about a desperate move to casualization.. The idea of Mario and friends on IOS makes me sad.

But sorry, what is QoL?
#4RetrowirePosted 6/6/2014 11:03:35 PM
Amen! Woooo!!

E3 will be Nintendo's stomping grounds!
---
The most important question of our generation is,
"What has the internet made you become?"
#5Beatperson14Posted 6/6/2014 11:05:33 PM
No they aren't... the last time this happened they made the god-awful Wii. They also contemplated leaving the home gaming market entirely. They are either going to leave or put out the worst monster of a casual horror show anyone has ever seen
---
THY, DAMNATION, SLUMBERETH, NOT.
#6KirbyFreak101Posted 6/6/2014 11:07:58 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
No they aren't... the last time this happened they made the god-awful Wii. They also contemplated leaving the home gaming market entirely. They are either going to leave or put out the worst monster of a casual horror show anyone has ever seen

uh no and they didn't have the wii that you said when 2015 comes E3 will be the year of nintendo and sony will be in trouble
#7SaltyBotzPosted 6/7/2014 12:45:58 AM
The Wii-U is going to do worse than the Gamecube did. No ifs ands or buts about it.
#8_Fluffy_Q-Tip_Posted 6/7/2014 1:05:21 AM(edited)
I love when people drop the marketing card. There is literally no amount of marketing to salvage a product like this.

It's a shoddy tablet gaming console that can only be identified by people who make the connection that a random vowel suffix indicates a separate console, all while remaining oblivious to the critical point of why it isn't selling: there exist both tablets and game consoles with better value.
---
ADMIT IT! You find me simply irresistible. You can't imagine a day passing by without me working your holes. The time you spend with me is the best of your life
#9SaltyBotzPosted 6/7/2014 1:04:18 AM
I think Nintendo made the tablet controller in an attempt to get their casual gaming base they had with the Wii to purchase their new system. Most of which moved to phones and tablets, so the Wii-U pad was something they might recognize. The problem is, they failed to be successful.
#10RogueStatus28Posted 6/7/2014 1:12:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]