Which Genres Should Nintendo Create IPs For To Compensate For Lack Of 3P Support

#1kaliskonigPosted 6/7/2014 1:09:44 AM
Simple question. Which genres do you think Nintendo needs to make games for on Wii U to compensate for their lack of 3rd party support? Rather it be a completely new IP or bringing an older one to the system.

Racing: Obviously F-zero. I never understood why F-Zero couldn't take off sales wise. The series is made up of the best futuristic racers I have ever played. I think that people would eat it up on Wii U considering the lack of variety at the moment.

First Person Shooter: When I say this I completely hope that we get a 3DS game for the series that is like the traditional ones but ...I think that Advanced Wars would make a pretty cool FPS game on the Wii U. Nintendo loves brand recognition when branching out to other genres. Making an Advanced Wars FPS spin off that keeps the charm of the series and incorporates the best of the current FPS juggernauts would be a good thing. Again I say that I want the series to continue as a strategy game on 3DS but if Nintendo does decide to make a war themed FPS shooter it wouldn't hurt to revolve it around the AW brand. Or they can make a Battalion Wars FPS game.

Traditional JRPG: I would honestly love either a Golden Sun remake or a new GS game on Wii U. a full HD GS game would be awesome. Nintendo needs JRPG's as gamers eat them up. They have X and that is it. They need an RPG that is considered to be more traditional. I also wouldn't mind a new IP to fit the bill but again, Nintendo loves brand recognition. Other Alternatives are Earth Bound remakes or A Pokemon RPG.

Sports: I am surprised that the Wii U has had no word of any Mario Sports games yet. I hope when it is announced it is a 5 in one like the other console Mario sports game was a 3 in one. Hoops, Strikers, Tennis, Golf, and one other all in one maybe. As long as each sport has the same quality as in their separate games, this won't be a problem.

Fighter: Nintendo needs a traditional fighter. They won't be getting Ultra SF or MK X. Probably won't get TK x SF and Injustice 2 either. Hopefully Pokken Fighters is what everyone assumes it to be and then some. We shall see at E3 I hope.
---
Smash 4 DREAM Roster:http://imgur.com/DMrzJLe
Who will Sakurai murder next!?
#2Mandrew257Posted 6/7/2014 1:15:40 AM
Sports(a Mario Sports game) or Racing(F Zero preferably)

Shooters: Don't care for em.

JRPG: I would LOVE a new console JRPG, but we have SMT X FE and X coming. Though I gladly
welcome more.

Fighters: Nope. Already got smash and Pokken coming. Inb4 Smash isn't a fighter.
---
Not changing this sig until Nintendo announces a new Kirbeh Air Ride or Star Fox for Wii U
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257
#3CubeTVPosted 6/7/2014 1:30:54 AM
kaliskonig posted...
I am surprised that the Wii U has had no word of any Mario Sports games yet.

This is almost saddening. The N64/GCN Mario Sports were some of the funnest. I even feel like Mario Power Tennis works perfectly fine as a competitive sport.

kaliskonig posted...
I would honestly love either a Golden Sun remake or a new GS game on Wii U

Been saying this for a while, but with the Nintendo 3DS (a true Nintendo system) getting all the normal console games (Paper Mario, 3D Mario, console-styled Mario sports, Luigi's Mansion, Smash Bros. earlier, Chibi-Robo, Yoshi's Island, Kid Icarus) with no Wii U one in sight AND good third party support (unlike the loser Wii U), I say give the Wii U some handheld IP's or their installments to popular ones on the Wii U.

Advance Wars U
(Non-half ased) Art Academy Wii U
Elite Beat Agents U
Dillon's Rolling Western U
Drill Dozer U
Golden Sun U
RPG-styled Mario Golf/Tennis
Nintendogs U
WarioWare Wii U

I would personally love a new Wii U Elite Beat Agents U and most likely buy it day one.
#4GI_TiPosted 6/7/2014 1:32:40 AM
Puzzle: A new Panel de Pon game.
Life Sim: An Animal Crossing game or a Tomogachi game.
Rhythm: A new Mario Dance Dance Revolution type game
#5CubeTVPosted 6/7/2014 1:43:47 AM(edited)
GI_Ti posted...
a Tomogachi game.

Imagine a Mario Party 10 with a extra mode (for the first time since 5):

Nintendo does what SEGA don't: A pet raising-like game with Koopa Troopas, Goomba's, Cheep-Cheeps and Pahraina Plants for the 3DS then upload them to the Wii U version for intense races or karate with you and your friends. After collecting coins in the main game with the main 10 Mario crew (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Daisy, Waluigi, Yoshi, DK, Wario and Bowser), use the coins to buy stuff for your creature. Like a Blue Shell for your Koopa or a Gombella Hat for your Goomba.

I'd buy that. Maybe include NFC figures like a Dry Bones and Strollin' Stu that can ALSO cross-connect with that Mario-Maker rumored game.
#6manmousePosted 6/7/2014 1:41:37 AM
i really want a skateboarding game. it'd be cool to have a Nintendo-themed one with all sorts of unique mechanics using Nintendo items/tropes, like combine Tony Hawk's Pro Skater with some Mario Kart mechanics, plus more bouncy and wacky physics and a roster of Nintendo characters.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#7HiddenRoarPosted 6/7/2014 2:20:24 AM
kaliskonig posted...
Racing: Obviously F-zero. I never understood why F-Zero couldn't take off sales wise. The series is made up of the best futuristic racers I have ever played. I think that people would eat it up on Wii U considering the lack of variety at the moment.

Gamers didn't eat it up on the Gamecube so I really doubt this.

They getting Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, F1 Race Stars, and Need for Speed Wii U (even if the latter is ****** EA, and the middle is by some no name company)

kaliskonig posted...
First Person Shooter: When I say this I completely hope that we get a 3DS game for the series that is like the traditional ones but ...I think that Advanced Wars would make a pretty cool FPS game on the Wii U. Nintendo loves brand recognition when branching out to other genres. Making an Advanced Wars FPS spin off that keeps the charm of the series and incorporates the best of the current FPS juggernauts would be a good thing. Again I say that I want the series to continue as a strategy game on 3DS but if Nintendo does decide to make a war themed FPS shooter it wouldn't hurt to revolve it around the AW brand. Or they can make a Battalion Wars FPS game.

Japan doesn't exactly like FPS games (CoD ranked 30+ on release day, BF4 did better but not top 5) They have CoD:Ghosts, Black Ops 2, Splinter Cell, and Sniper Elite V2.

Not to mention it pisses me off when you want to change up what makes Advance Wars what it is. Making Battalion Wars into a FPS would be slightly better/ok in my book, but then you'd get folks hating on the fact that it's too cartoonish (despite the fact that it being cartoonish is it's whole charm)

If anything, they should work on a Battalion Wars 3 with concepts that were well received for the first two games and improve or scrap on other not so hot game mechanics.

kaliskonig posted...
Traditional JRPG: I would honestly love either a Golden Sun remake or a new GS game on Wii U. a full HD GS game would be awesome. Nintendo needs JRPG's as gamers eat them up. They have X and that is it. They need an RPG that is considered to be more traditional. I also wouldn't mind a new IP to fit the bill but again, Nintendo loves brand recognition. Other Alternatives are Earth Bound remakes or A Pokemon RPG.

???
>Lists X, which seem more of an action RPG than a traditional RPG
>Doesn't list Dragon Quest... which is arguably more popular, more of a tradition JRPG than ^, and actually a big seller for Nintendo.
Yes, I would love another Pokémon Colosseum.

For Sports, does any 3rd party game other than Fifa really matter for countries not the United States? Nintendo can make their own sports game, but since they're getting Fifa 13 anyways, they basically have this catagory covered.

kaliskonig posted...
Fighter: Nintendo needs a traditional fighter. They won't be getting Ultra SF or MK X. Probably won't get TK x SF and Injustice 2 either. Hopefully Pokken Fighters is what everyone assumes it to be and then some. We shall see at E3 I hope.

Nintendo is getting (or already has) Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Injustice, and Fist of the North Star. If they're not getting Injustice 2, it just means that that particular audience (DC-character based fighter) isn't popular. Would rather have a FotNS sequel tbh.
Also inb4 Smash Bros isn't a fighter.
#8Wii_TruthPosted 6/7/2014 4:14:29 AM
FPS and Survival horror
#9ZatchBellPosted 6/7/2014 4:17:57 AM
NIntendo is already doing this. Wii sports club gets a physical release in July. Mario Kart (racing) just came out a week ago. Smash Brothers is a fighting game. X is an rpg. Fire Emblem X Shin Megami a strategy game. Only genre lacking is fps.
---
Sega Fan for Life
#10Fenrir-JuubiPosted 6/7/2014 4:24:30 AM
" I never understood why F-Zero couldn't take off sales wise"

Nintendo either, but they will not make a game that will bomb.

"I think that Advanced Wars would make a pretty cool FPS game on the Wii U. "

Blasphemy.

"They have X and that is it."

Have you ever looked at how many good JRPGs were released since the beginning of the seventh generation? It's a miracle that Nintendo managed to release one of them. Also, Fire Emblem is already a JRPG. What, you're gonna say it's not made in Japan?

Mario Sports: They kind of suck and you probably observed that the licenses is what sell the games, not actual quality.

Fighters: Maybe, but it will be a little redundant with SBB existence.
---
What is canon?
"Just a miserable little piece of fiction, no different of non-canon. But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!"