Which Genres Should Nintendo Create IPs For To Compensate For Lack Of 3P Support

#21SMASHKING84Posted 6/7/2014 5:00:55 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
I still think Geist would be able to fill out the shooter gap fairly well. The Original had good concepts but very poor execution. Make it more open ended and polished and it could really shine on the Wii U.

SMASHKING84 posted...
I would love to see another rpg series from ninty besides pokemon

Would you settle for Earthbound or Fire Emblem?

earthbound hasn't had a new game in decades.
I actually wanted to see ninty make a action rpg(no zelda doesn't count) or at least bring back the REAL paper mario.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugCbjZwXF1Q
I'm a furry deal with or shut up.
#22MetroidJunkiePosted 6/7/2014 5:04:00 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...

earthbound hasn't had a new game in decades.
I actually wanted to see ninty make a action rpg(no zelda doesn't count) or at least bring back the REAL paper mario.

You mean kind of like Elder Scrolls? Yeah, that'd be pretty cool to see.
#23NovaLevossidaPosted 6/7/2014 5:04:26 PM
With the third party situation, they really need to be making games in almost every genre. I think part of the problem with the "oh wow, HD development is hard in 2012" screwup they had was that they probably only looked at that in the short term. Though I'm sure they've realized by now that HD development slowing them down leads to a slower release schedule through the year.

From 3D World to Mario Kart was a 6 month time period with just 3 major retail releases. And who knows how much longer til the next one? They really need to step up production.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#24Punda_PrimePosted 6/7/2014 5:04:57 PM
Zeldamaniac7347 posted...
I would like to see a Nintendo made stealth game or a Nintendo made horror game. Also a FPS wouldn't be bad because Nintendo has so much charm that I think they could do the genre good.

A starfox battlefield game could have promise. Even a world of tanks type game wouldn't be bad. Something other than ports of CoD games (why would people want to play it on an inferior console?)
---
Man who hesitates is not only lost but also miles from next exit
Wii u NNID: KgbDuck
#25ArucaurdPosted 6/7/2014 5:23:07 PM
Well, The Wii U had one of the best survival horror games since RE4 with Zombi U and it sold like crap. Hopefully fatal Frame does better.

As far as FPS goes, Metroid will cover that. Though I do wonder if there will be a multiplayer element for it.

With Mario Golf flopping I doubt Nintendo is eager to make another Mario Sports game, but if they did a Baseball game would fit the Wii U best.

Bayonetta is covering the Character Action Game genre. This is a big coup because the Action genre had even more sales than the FPS genre in 2013. They need a Nintendo exclusive open world action adventure.

Pokemon Snap, jesus this game should have been a launch title Nintendo.