Just 30 minutes in, these games are BETTER than ALL of MS announced games

#31The_Undying_84Posted 6/10/2014 2:03:17 PM
All of the conferences were very lack luster. No new games for any console were announced that I actually want, except maybe Starfox. Zelda is basically new since absolutely nothing was known about it til now, but I'm rather apprehensive about their ability to make that any good. PS4 didn't do anything good but it's still winning because it's definitely the best for multiplatform games.

Also I hate the new Smash characters.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#32Bat178Posted 6/10/2014 2:10:55 PM(edited)
NovaLevossida posted...
Bat178 posted...
We want a actual 3D platformer starring Conker, not a glorified driving game or GMod ripoff. Same with Banjo-Kazooie. We have been WAITING TEN ******* YEARS FOR NEW CONKER AND BANJO 3D PLATFORMERS, AND THEY STILL REFUSE TO GIVE THEM TO US, INSTEAD MOCKING US AND TELLING US TO BUILD OUR OWN ON A GMOD RIPOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE SICK OF GENERIC SHOOTERS AND SPORTS, WE WANT CONKER AND BANJO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I know that feeling. I'm sick of 2D platformers and 3D platformers that play like 2D ones. Been waiting almost as long for another Banjo / Conker / Mario 64 or Sunshine style game myself. But Microsoft isn't the only one not making those types of games anymore, you know?

Yes, yes I know. The closest thing to those games we have had in years is Sly: Thieves in Time for the PS3, which came out last year. I love that game and it is very good, but Sony didn't advertise it and it unfortunately sold poorly. Epic Mickey 1 was good and similar to those games too, though Epic Mickey 2 wasn't very good, and ended up killing the franchise. I feel like gaming in general has been going downhill since the beginning of the Wii/PS3/360 gen, however. I have been getting more into retro gaming in recent years, and been enjoying them more than most modern games.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#33Mega-TyranitarPosted 6/10/2014 2:09:00 PM
None of the MS games were interesting IMO,i am defiinetly buying all of Nintendo games that were annouced today and some of Sony games,well im not going to buy same games like TLoU and Gta5 again.
---
Currently Playing:RF4,Pokemon X, FFXIV,Zelda WW,Neptune Re;birth,J-Star Victory VS,Date A Live Rinne Utopia,Harem Tengoku da to Omottara Yandere Jigoku Datta.
#34firedrakesPosted 6/10/2014 2:11:16 PM
really only zelda and baynatta game i was interested in. again not alot of support for third party this year. for the console
#35hyjinx17Posted 6/10/2014 2:12:42 PM
I'm just watching it now and I'm saying no based on my interests, however their direct is FAAAARRRRR more entertaining.
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#36RogueStatus28Posted 6/10/2014 2:12:52 PM
Personally I think Splatoon looks funner than anything they showed (maybe equal with Sunset Overdrive) plus is tactical.
#37NovaLevossidaPosted 6/10/2014 2:14:32 PM
Bat178 posted...
Yes, yes I know. The closest thing to those games we have had in years is Sly: Thieves in Time for the PS3, which came out last year. I love that game and it is very good, but Sony didn't advertise it and it unfortunately sold poorly. Epic Mickey 1 was good and similar to those games too, though Epic Mickey 2 wasn't very good, and ended up killing the franchise. I feel like gaming in general has been going downhill since the beginning of the Wii/PS3/360 gen, however. I have been getting more into retro gaming in recent years, and been enjoying them more than most modern games.

Totally with you on the platformer sentiment. I wouldn't go so far as to say gaming has been going downhill since I've really enjoyed the progression of online titles and the standout titles here and there like Demon's Souls. But Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time just went free today on PS+ at least.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#38Bat178Posted 6/10/2014 2:25:55 PM(edited)
NovaLevossida posted...
Bat178 posted...

Totally with you on the platformer sentiment. I wouldn't go so far as to say gaming has been going downhill since I've really enjoyed the progression of online titles and the standout titles here and there like Demon's Souls. But Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time just went free today on PS+ at least.

I know there are still some great games like Demon's Souls (Which I have), the Kingdom Hearts series (Though that one started in the Dreamcast/Gamecube/PS2/Original Xbox era, which was before gaming started to decline in my opinion) and Indie games, but I am finding it harder and harder to find modern games that appeal to me each year, even on Nintendo's consoles, which have the most amount of games that appeal to me. I am not a fan of online games, preferring games with a great single player experience, though I do like some games with co-op multiplayer like Castle Crashers. I generally prefer single-player games, however.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#39DaLaggaPosted 6/10/2014 2:30:59 PM
SuigintouEV posted...
DaLagga posted...
How can people be so excited over a new open world Zelda considering what little was shown? Especially when The Witcher 3 looks dramatically better in every single way - more complex and mature story, deeper gameplay, more involved mechanics, vastly superior graphics, etc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CatJ6tBigKc

Have you never played a Witcher game before? Their stories are great but everything else makes you want to shut the system off. It will never even begin to approach the legendary Zelda gameplay.

Combat was simplistic in TW1, but a lot of other gameplay mechanics like potion usage and crafting, spells, etc. were really well done. TW2 was an overally improvement in every area. Meanwhile, Zelda games have never had very good combat (it's rather button mashy and simplistic) and don't have any complex mechanics to speak of at all. The puzzles are clearly designed to be solved by kids and none of the tool usage is very deep or interesting. You get a new tool, it has a very specific function in the dungeon in which you found it, and its usage elsewhere in the world is simple and obvious.

All in all, Zelda's gameplay is incredibly simplistic and easy because it's been designed for a younger audience. This is especially true of the combat in all of the 3D Zelda's. The 2D Zelda's did have better combat for their day, but it still wasn't anything special. On the SNES for example, stuff like Secret of Evermore, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, etc. all had dramatically better combat systems for top down action/adventure games than A Link to the Past.

In short, Zelda hasn't really set any standards for gameplay since the SNES era at best. It's not going to take much effort on CD Projekt's part to have TW3 leave Zelda in the dust gameplay wise.
#40SanboxmagicianPosted 6/10/2014 2:58:33 PM
This E3 was pretty much meh at best.

Nintendo showed off what they needed to show off, to win favor back.. Zelda was something that needrd to be shown off sooner though. Sony played the whole E3 safe, and wasnt all to exciting. MS tried a bit, but didnt all come off all that impressive, IMO anyway.