Amiibo is a scam

#81EternalWolfPosted 6/10/2014 3:46:42 PM
Not reading the whole topic and dont have a full understanding of the NFCs but this is the impression I got.

-Collectible Action Figures
-You can level them up in game, aiming to have the best in the world.
-Tag Partner(?)
-You can take them over your friends house to do battle elsewhere
-Not mandatory in any way

In no way is this a scam. Look at it this way, Collectors Editions of Games and Toy Stores come with/sell action figures that serve no purpose other than to collect and look at. These ones actually interact with your game, no matter how much they do is still more than the one that comes with your $150 Collectors Edition.

The only "valid" complaint about them is that there is a lot of them, requiring you to buy more stuff to have the full Smash Bros. Video Game Collection as opposed to buying Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Panzerhund Edition, The Art of Wolfenstein: The New Order and the two Soundtracks for the game to have the complete collection for that game.

Now if the game required you to buy these things to unlock characters in the game it would be a scam, unless the game was free or something.
#82drothegreat0nePosted 6/10/2014 3:48:46 PM
All this reminds me of is the Pokewalker...which was not a bad thing at all. So stop with the useless complaining.
---
NNID - PeterTheGreat
This is why GFAQs moderation is terrible - http://i.imgur.com/nZmnlHM.png
#83Slave 1Posted 6/10/2014 3:55:27 PM
I think they will be really cool for 2 v 2 team battles. You and your best Amiibo vs. your friend and your friend's best Amiibo. Or you and your friend's Amiibo vs. Your friend and your Amiibo.

It's just another dynamic to add to the competitiveness between people. Rather than just seeing who's better in 1 v 1, you can groom a character to become really good and create some neat CPU-involved matches.

And the fact that they're collectible and cool to look at is a huge part of the experience. I feel like people who don't enjoy collecting things aren't going to get the same satisfaction out of the concept as people who do enjoy it.
---
Boise State Broncos
3DS: 1676-3714-2798
#84huyiPosted 6/11/2014 5:08:04 AM
EternalWolf posted...

Now if the game required you to buy these things to unlock characters in the game it would be a scam, unless the game was free or something.

Which is a good thing, most people were worried that you had to buy them to unlock characters, I'm glad that is not the case.
---
UK Female Gamer
AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD You don't have to buy it, it's optional m'kay.
#85CyborgTwentyPosted 6/12/2014 12:33:08 PM
Nope.
#86StarBladeEdgePosted 6/12/2014 12:36:03 PM
why is the psn not free anymore ...? it was free on ps3....now they want money ??????

could be scam , too....no? tc ? why is your psn not free anymore on your ps4 ?
---
WiiU+MarioKart8=NextGenWin2014! Nintendo E3 Winner 2014! X>>>>>>>FF15
#87ZimbabweBobPosted 6/12/2014 12:36:54 PM
Here's a weird what if:

What if Amiibos are Nintendo's way of handling DLC characters as well? Get a figurine and new addition to the roster as well.
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
NNID/PSN: ZimbabweBob
#88TerradriusPosted 6/12/2014 12:42:41 PM
ZimbabweBob posted...
Here's a weird what if:

What if Amiibos are Nintendo's way of handling DLC characters as well? Get a figurine and new addition to the roster as well.

No thanks, just because they would almost certainly be more expensive than as regular DLC.

Plus you need an extra peripheral to get Amiibo to work with the 3ds; if that was required to play the "DLC" characters it would be extra annoying.
---
Pokemon X Friend Code: 3265-5262-3517 - Adam
#89residentbowersPosted 6/12/2014 12:43:57 PM
ITT a company trying to make money=scam
---
FC: 4957 3378 0057
Fire: Pansear | Pyroar | Fletchinder