Is there any possibility of a Donkey Kong 3D Country?

#1ConquererPosted 6/10/2014 6:15:59 PM
Would you be interested? - Results (53 votes)
Yes
81.13% (43 votes)
No
18.87% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm talking about making a Donkey Kong game like Super Mario 3D World/Land, rather than something like DK64. Same structure as the 2D side scroller DKC games but in an angled 3D environment like Mario. Just imagining it makes me want it badly...

I'd hope it were a little closer to the original DKC games though, rather than the new ones. Although I haven't played Tropical Freeze yet.
---
Ayrton Senna da Silva
In Life Unbeatable - In Death Irreplaceable
#2Megamushroom666Posted 6/10/2014 6:18:30 PM
Sure, why not.
---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#3LonelyGoombaPosted 6/10/2014 6:20:10 PM
I would like it see it
---
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#4cucumberkingPosted 6/10/2014 6:24:33 PM
As long as I can be Diddy or Dixie and not be forced to be Donkey. It nearly ruined Tropical Freeze for me, I hate being forced to be someone if player 2 gets a choice.
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti PSN Milkmanyeti or ThePantsCougar NintendoID: Milkmanyeti
#5GafemagePosted 6/10/2014 6:26:17 PM
I came into this thread immediately ready to vote "no" since almost every topic I've seen suggesting a hypothetical video game was a bad idea, but come to think of it... that would actually work out pretty well. The open-ended 3D platformer really fell into obscurity by the 7th generation, and DK64 was probably the meatiest 3D platformer of them all.

At the same time, I'd like to see the Retro Donkey Kong side-scrollers wrapped up as a trilogy just like the SNES ones, with the last in the series marking the return of King K. Rool/the Kremlins.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/508 :'(
#6Conquerer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 6:27:26 PM
cucumberking posted...
As long as I can be Diddy or Dixie and not be forced to be Donkey. It nearly ruined Tropical Freeze for me, I hate being forced to be someone if player 2 gets a choice.

Ya, I agree completely. Haven't played TF yet but that's a big problem in DKCR. Would've added so much more depth to the game... I mean, the jet pack is cool but I'd really prefer to control Diddy myself. When I heard Dixie was in TF I thought maybe she might be controllable in 1 player but nope... I don't understand why they do this.
---
Ayrton Senna da Silva
#7Conquerer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 10:47:12 PM
Gafemage posted...
At the same time, I'd like to see the Retro Donkey Kong side-scrollers wrapped up as a trilogy just like the SNES ones, with the last in the series marking the return of King K. Rool/the Kremlins.

Yeah, I'd be fine with that. Then the next game after that could be a 3D version. Also, speaking of the kremlins, it always baffled me as to why new new DKC series completely ignores them (including K. Rool) and uses different villains. That's like taking Bowser and his minions out of Mario... Very strange, especially when those baddies were pretty memorable imo. But it's just as odd that Donkey is the only playable character. Some pretty strange decisions in the new series which I don't agree with, and I can't help but feel they don't come close to the spirit (as well as quality and design) of the originals (at least DKCR which I've played and beaten), but they're still pretty good games.
---
Ayrton Senna da Silva
#8NovaLevossidaPosted 6/11/2014 10:49:28 PM
Conquerer posted...
cucumberking posted...

Ya, I agree completely. Haven't played TF yet but that's a big problem in DKCR. Would've added so much more depth to the game... I mean, the jet pack is cool but I'd really prefer to control Diddy myself. When I heard Dixie was in TF I thought maybe she might be controllable in 1 player but nope... I don't understand why they do this.

I understand they were going for the team-up attacks, but I don't see why the game would lock you into one character when it's the very next game they had following Mario 3D World which gave you total freedom in choices.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#9Granadico_Posted 6/11/2014 10:51:15 PM
I'd love a 3D pltformer of any kind now. Haven't had one in forever (true 3d platformer).
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#10Final Fantasy2389Posted 6/11/2014 10:53:44 PM
I would be down for this.

Though topic hijack for two seconds.
I really hope Nintendo puts the kremlings in a new DK at some point. If they can be in Smash Run, they can be in DK!

K. Done.
---
http://bit.ly/YH0AmG
http://bit.ly/1bZZw6k