Is there any possibility of a Donkey Kong 3D Country?

#11pikachupwnagePosted 6/11/2014 9:59:35 PM
Retro said they were interest in making a 3D Donkey Kong.

HAL also has said a 3D Kirby interests them :0
---
You gotta go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb. That's the Nintendo way-Dancing_Cactaur
#12Cheko2015Posted 6/11/2014 11:54:00 PM
Im sorry but I would love for open ended 3D platforming to be revived ala the ol N64 days. My dream for the future of DK games? A third Retro Country game featuring the glorious return of K Rool and the Kremlings and then it ended as a trilogy. Followed by a DK64 inspired 3D DK platformer with maybe a little less emphasis on collecting and the more tedious elements. That would be amazing.
---
See Quote
#13GafemagePosted 6/12/2014 12:09:32 AM
Cheko2015 posted...
Im sorry but I would love for open ended 3D platforming to be revived ala the ol N64 days. My dream for the future of DK games? A third Retro Country game featuring the glorious return of K Rool and the Kremlings and then it ended as a trilogy. Followed by a DK64 inspired 3D DK platformer with maybe a little less emphasis on collecting and the more tedious elements. That would be amazing.

Gafemage posted...
I came into this thread immediately ready to vote "no" since almost every topic I've seen suggesting a hypothetical video game was a bad idea, but come to think of it... that would actually work out pretty well. The open-ended 3D platformer really fell into obscurity by the 7th generation, and DK64 was probably the meatiest 3D platformer of them all.

At the same time, I'd like to see the Retro Donkey Kong side-scrollers wrapped up as a trilogy just like the SNES ones, with the last in the series marking the return of King K. Rool/the Kremlins.

Well I guess we're in the same boat then.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/508 :'(
#14Ghost-inZeShellPosted 6/12/2014 2:36:14 AM
No.
Go away.
---
I demand a Majora's Mask remake!
#15Shadowbird_RHPosted 6/12/2014 3:23:15 AM
I wouldn't be against it, but I would prefer the DK64 style. Like SM3DW, it was a good game, I'd have just preferred more the open world with various goals rather than linear 3D obstacle course.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR