Which current-gen console's the best WiiU complement? IYO (PC/X1/PS4)

#41scaryshiversPosted 6/10/2014 11:15:24 PM
PS4 for console multiplats and exclusives, WiiU for 1st party exlusives, PC for eventually released xbone games.
---
"My math teacher staples burger king applications to failed tests" - omgitszackwtf.
#42SampsonMPosted 6/10/2014 11:52:19 PM
Yes, consoles are more popular in rich countries. That's indisputable.

But it isn't true that consoles drive the industry forward -- in fact, it's the total opposite. The PC has always led the industry in terms of innovation, as its low barriers to entry allow game creators and players to experiment. Historically, nearly all video game trends have started on the PC and only later migrated to consoles -- FPS, action RPGs, western RPGs, online multiplayer, MMOs, free-to-play games, MOBAs, digital distribution, live streaming, voice chat, VR (a recent development), among many, many other trends.

The console ecosystem with its high barriers encourages companies to rehash games and not take risks. DOTA and Counter-Strike, two of the most influential games of the last 15 years, started off as player-created mods. Such games would not be possible in a world without PC gaming.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#43SampsonMPosted 6/10/2014 11:54:28 PM
If you took those markets away there is no video game industry.

You are framing this in an extremely biased way. If there were no consoles, the part of the gaming industry that depends on periodic AAA releases with $500M+ budgets and excessive ad campaigns would probably die, yes. But the video game industry as a whole would be just fine.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#44DorotimusWitikPosted 6/10/2014 11:58:26 PM
Of course a good PC is the best complement... it's the most versatile and potentially the most powerful. But it's also the most expensive.
#45AMOEBA_CARROTPosted 6/11/2014 1:26:24 AM
i think wii U + pc is the way to go.

the wii u is a good system for platformers, jrpgs, and party games. PC is good for fps, wprg, rts, mmos, racing, indie, and mobas. this covers pretty much all of your genres.

ps3/x1 do have fps games but playing fps games with a controller is kinda awful in comparison to keyboard+mouse. ps3/x1 will surely have lots of jrpgs but there will still probably be a decent number of them on wii U and wrpgs tend to be very moddable on PC. RTS and moba games are nonexistent on ps4 and x1. The mmos they have dont seem that great either.