So, the info about Star Fox Wii U is all bad news?

#21MetroidJunkiePosted 6/11/2014 11:24:20 AM(edited)
It'll most likely be optional, the game-pad has 2 analog sticks on it so I can't imagine what reason they would have to force gyro controls on you.

KittyMreowMrow posted...

"You're" as in "You are". You might want to at least get elementary school grammar down before insulting someone. (oh I also just saw your sig)

If you're going to nitpick, I'd like to point out that you spelled utilize wrong. Also, I hope you aren't implying that that person being Christian is linked to his/her intelligence because I'm one, too.
#22StickMen1090Posted 6/11/2014 11:23:13 AM
KittyMreowMrow posted...
Iokua posted...
Physical input. Reading comprehension is hard! Words are confusing!

Nothing to do with reading comprehension. That has to do with what is meant by "physical input". Motion controls are physical input. Also, the article states about having to get used to the motion controls. But why would you need to get used to the motion controls, and why not just play with normal controls if they're there? So yeah, the article wouldn't mention about having to get used to motion controls.

Jacob46719 posted...
player_three posted...
If you're flailing the gamepad around like an idiot chances are you're playing wrong.

motion controls = flailing arms around like an idiot

plus motion controls are one of the worst things ever invented.

Snow-Dust posted...
Stupid starfox fan, first crying about all it matters is to have a new starfox game. Now they are making one, now comes the whining of motion control and saying they'll never buy if it does use motion control

I am not that much of a Star Fox fan. Besides, I complain about motion controls in every game, since motion controls are the worst thing ever. Also, are you so hurt that you are resorting to insults since you're confused about what to do about your emotions?

why are you making a topic if you dont even like Starfox? really just trying to start something?
---
3DS FC: 2063-0061-2915
``if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is" shaunme - 2014
#23KiurxPosted 6/11/2014 11:25:12 AM
Everything takes a while to get use to. You didn't all of sudden became a pro at handling a controller your first time playing.
---
FC : 0318-6717-0940
Rank of the F*** club : Daemon's Persian
#24NCPwnPosted 6/11/2014 11:26:03 AM
Our thumbs are more precise than our elbows. Not sure why people want motion controls. It felt bad on squid shooter game.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#25Granadico_Posted 6/11/2014 11:26:36 AM
So motion controls are bad cuz you dont like them
k
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#26darkqueenhelbaPosted 6/11/2014 11:27:13 AM
Motion controls for what's essentially a flight-sim seems like a no-brainer to me.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#27MetroidJunkiePosted 6/11/2014 11:27:30 AM
NCPwn posted...
Our thumbs are more precise than our elbows. Not sure why people want motion controls. It felt bad on squid shooter game.

Really, if you want the best precision, computer mouse seems to still be the best option. I'm not trolling, I've tried all kinds of control methods (Motion control, touchscreen, gyroscope) but none of them can match the level of accuracy you can get from a simple computer mouse. Guess you can call it tried and true, not everything that's new is better right?
#28SlimeSwayzePosted 6/11/2014 11:28:55 AM
Granadico_ posted...
k

Are you saying they're good because...why, exactly? If the Wii, Move, and Kinect have taught us anything, it is that the vast majority of gamers do not care for motion controls. What's worse is that in a game like Star Fox, they could be less precise than simply using analog controls. If they force the motion controls, it will be a bad move.
---
Currently Playing: LoZ: Minish Cap, Dark Souls 2, and Ys: Memories of Celceta.
#29StickMen1090Posted 6/11/2014 11:30:36 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Granadico_ posted...
k

Are you saying they're good because...why, exactly? If the Wii, Move, and Kinect have taught us anything, it is that the vast majority of gamers do not care for motion controls. What's worse is that in a game like Star Fox, they could be less precise than simply using analog controls. If they force the motion controls, it will be a bad move.

it depends how you use them... i find Aiming in some FPS game were a lot easier and fun... you cant just be like "Oh its motion controls it must suck"... Gotta open you mind and stop being so dense
---
3DS FC: 2063-0061-2915
``if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is" shaunme - 2014
#30KiurxPosted 6/11/2014 11:30:58 AM
Plus how precise do you need to be with a star fox game? I mean yes there's an aiming but even in star fox 64 it was forgiving the lasers were big as hell. This isn't a platformer or a shooter where you need to shoot from far way with small bullets. yes I agree motion controls are not for every genre but I don't see how it can hurt the star fox series.
---
FC : 0318-6717-0940
Rank of the F*** club : Daemon's Persian