Man, some jimmies are being rustled over the possibility of a female Link.

#1Zora_PrincePosted 6/11/2014 4:28:18 PM
For those of you who haven't heard, there are rumors, based on appearance and on something the developers said, that Link in the new Wii U Zelda trailer is:

A. A female
B. Zelda herself

There are rumors that the main character will be one of them this time around.

However, jimmies are rustled...but why?

From my understanding, most of these Links aren't even the same character, rather, reincarnations of the same hero throughout time. Link from a Link to the Past isn't the same as Link from Ocarina of Time, who isn't the same Link from Windwaker, who isn't the same Link from Skyward Sword. You can't say this is like Samus being turned into a guy because the Links have often been separate characters. Just because Link has never been reincarnated as a girl doesn't mean she can't be.

Not to mention Link (aside from maybe WW) has never had a personality of any sort, but rather been a blank slate for the player. There are no personality traits that just wouldn't work with a female skin, especially in a fantasy world like Zelda.

So, why can't Link be female? It's literally a cosmetic change. Nothing more.
---
The Democrats and Republicans are not the same. One isn't perfect, but the other's insane.
For a pessimist, I'm pretty optimistic
#2MaouSadoPosted 6/11/2014 4:29:16 PM
Who knows. Age-old fossils who think "tradition" means "change and you die".
#3TurbamPosted 6/11/2014 4:29:17 PM
Whats really funny is that it seems like before there was tons of people asking for a female Link.
---
I'm just one man! Whoa! Well, I'm a one man band!
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5459/dontlookatthis.gif
#4thefabregas22Posted 6/11/2014 4:29:41 PM
wouldn't be surprised to see this go past 7 pages.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#5RahzarXPosted 6/11/2014 4:30:23 PM
You can probably just pick your gender since it's open world.

You know what, I guarantee it, exactly.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#6sonic777Posted 6/11/2014 4:30:31 PM
Some users would have you believe you can see Link's p**** in the trailer if you look hard enough.

You just don't understand human anatomy, TC.
---
Baha05 posted...
Yes, but. Ok, but. Except, that..
#7dante2k5Posted 6/11/2014 4:30:50 PM
Because this is GFaqs, and a huge portion of the people on here care about stupid things. Actually, people in general just care about stupid ****.

It's not gonna affect gameplay, so who cares? Let there be a female Link for once, if that is the case. It's gonna play exactly the ****ing same.
#8MaouSadoPosted 6/11/2014 4:31:13 PM
sonic777 posted...
Some users would have you believe you can see Link's p**** in the trailer if you look hard enough.

Wow, I really got into your jimmies with that post of mine in your whiny topic.
#9Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 4:32:05 PM
sonic777 posted...

You do realize that that censored word fits both the male and female anatomy, thereby making your post ambiguous, right? >_>
---
The Democrats and Republicans are not the same. One isn't perfect, but the other's insane.
For a pessimist, I'm pretty optimistic
#10sonic777Posted 6/11/2014 4:32:18 PM
MaouSado posted...
Wow, I really got into your jimmies with that post of mine in your whiny topic.

If you say so.

Love you, stalker. <3
---
http://images.wikia.com/sonic/images/archive/0/07/20120820170829!Sonic_Art_Assets_DVD_-_Sonic_The_Hedgehog_-_9.png