Bit of a letdown at E3 was no Trophy/ Achievements announcement for Wii U.

#1Jedi454Posted 6/12/2014 1:49:33 AM(edited)
Now a days if I game, I like the fact that there is an achievement/ trophy system for the Playstation and Xbox consoles, it gives me a TRUE sense of accomplishment. I get my money's worth a lot of the time with a game that has achievements because it gives guidelines about stuff I can unlock by testing myself.

I honestly don't feel satisfied completing a game on the Wii or PC because it feels like there's nothing else to do once i've finished the story. If there were some achievements to unlock, that would be fantastic and believe it or not, the achievement/ trophy communities are real large.

Even maybe a challenge system would be nice, e.g "Finish New Super Mario Bros. in under X amount of time - Gold Trophy or 100 points or Level 3 challenged unlocked!" then your friends can view your card and see that you've unlocked those challenges, it also drives competition between friends.

I grew up with a NES and knew that the true achievement when playing those games was completing them, but it's 2014 now and games aren't that difficult anymore, and besides, this won't harm anyone putting this in, they could just make an option to turn challenges off or not display them on your profile.
---
Owner of: Ps3/ 360/ XB1/ Aesthetic mind
#2Boomerang78Posted 6/12/2014 1:49:33 AM
I'm gonna say it now.

inb4 "we don't need trophies"
#3Cookie BagPosted 6/12/2014 1:49:53 AM
If you need brownie points to have a "sense of accomplishment" when playing a game, you're wasting your money and time and you're what's wrong with modern gaming.
---
If you want an example of Buyer's Remorse, see the excuses people make about TESO
Pokemon Y FC: 0060-9665-4698
#419061980Posted 6/12/2014 1:51:08 AM
>achievements
>true sense of accomplishment

Pick one.
#5Boomerang78Posted 6/12/2014 1:51:17 AM
Cookie Bag posted...
If you need brownie points to have a "sense of accomplishment" when playing a game, you're wasting your money and time and you're what's wrong with modern gaming.

You know, just because you don't like them, doesn't mean other people don't.
#6Muddy_ApePosted 6/12/2014 1:52:03 AM
Several Wii U games have their own form of built in achievement system.
---
NNID/PSN: GDoobah
http://i.imgur.com/6qxWz.jpg
#7NathanmgPosted 6/12/2014 1:52:39 AM
Yeah, we have stamps, get a rare stamp and then post messages to all your friends, rubbing it in their faces.
#8Exodus_KnightPosted 6/12/2014 2:03:52 AM
I like Achievements as well but really it does nothing more then make me do things I would not normally do. I have 8-9 completed games that have every Achievement but that is due to either being bored or really enjoying what I was playing. Nintendo have no problem in I am having fun.
#9SneakersPosted 6/12/2014 2:05:44 AM
Thought Nintendo said companies can put achievements orwhatever in their games if they want, but won't force them...and from what it looks like, companies don't seem interested in adding achievements. I always under the impression they are forced to add achievements/trophies to the PS# and 360 games....otherwise the companies would add them to the Nintendo console versions of their games.
---
PSN & Wii U - TheRealSneakers / 3DS FC - 3952-7010-7346 (PM if you add me)
Wii U + PS4 = Winning Combination.
#10BlueInfinityPosted 6/12/2014 2:15:00 AM
Sneakers posted...
Thought Nintendo said companies can put achievements orwhatever in their games if they want, but won't force them...and from what it looks like, companies don't seem interested in adding achievements. I always under the impression they are forced to add achievements/trophies to the PS# and 360 games....otherwise the companies would add them to the Nintendo console versions of their games.

Yep.
---
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger