Do you think we'll see third party amiibos?

#1Felix6464Posted 6/14/2014 6:58:46 PM
By that, I mean third parties in Nintendo games, like MegaMan, Sonic, and Pac-Man. If so, I'm quite curious how they would work. Would they be Smash exclusive? Would they work with other first party games? Would they work with third party games made by their respective company? There's a lot of things to work with here.
---
ElectricMole posted...
Yoshi's wooly world needs a trim or a bikini waxing.
#2SSJ4CHRISPosted 6/14/2014 6:59:58 PM
What else would you use them for?
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#3Felix6464(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2014 7:09:25 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
What else would you use them for?

What are you even talking about?
---
ElectricMole posted...
#4ShinChuckPosted 6/14/2014 7:11:04 PM
That'd be neat. Maybe Nintendo could make a pathway to make them "official", so like, if Mega Man is approved, he can be inserted into non-Capcom games as well?
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
#5Felix6464(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2014 7:16:56 PM
ShinChuck posted...
That'd be neat. Maybe Nintendo could make a pathway to make them "official", so like, if Mega Man is approved, he can be inserted into non-Capcom games as well?

That's what I'm wondering. If so, there's a lot they can do with this. Capcom costumes, playable MegaMan in certain games (because why not), Street Fighter minigames, having one third party amiibo be compatible with third party games that have amiibo support, etc. There's just a lot of potential here for third parties here.
---
ElectricMole posted...
#6LordElohimPosted 6/14/2014 8:25:18 PM
At least for the foreseeable future, I am going to say I doubt it. Nintendo created an entire sub-division of their company dedicated to amiibos. I think the idea is that they are trying to do something with amiibos far beyond the scope of Skylanders. To do that though, I think it will pretty much just be first party characters. Keep in mind, that if amiibos do well, Nintendo has over 700 they could make based on Pokemon alone. They don't need to be thinking third party any time soon.
---
GamerTag (360/XB1) - Lord Elohim | PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita) - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades
#7Stanger5150Posted 6/14/2014 8:27:47 PM
Activision will be all over this like flies on s***.
---
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4
#8AlphrinPosted 6/14/2014 8:31:45 PM
I would be very surprised if we didn't get Sonic amiibos. It's got to be the biggest video game toy seller aside from Pokemon.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#9Felix6464(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2014 9:28:48 PM
LordElohim posted...
At least for the foreseeable future, I am going to say I doubt it. Nintendo created an entire sub-division of their company dedicated to amiibos. I think the idea is that they are trying to do something with amiibos far beyond the scope of Skylanders. To do that though, I think it will pretty much just be first party characters. Keep in mind, that if amiibos do well, Nintendo has over 700 they could make based on Pokemon alone. They don't need to be thinking third party any time soon.

Fair point. I don't exactly expect third party amiibos, but I feel like the figures I mentioned in the OP comes with being in smash. It's mainly Sonic, MegaMan and Pac-Man I'm wondering what they would do with, because those three alone opens up a whole new can a worms.
---
ElectricMole posted...
#10ssjgohhkuPosted 6/15/2014 2:07:05 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
Activision will be all over this like flies on s***.

Activision are the ones that NIntendo got this figure idea from. Skylanders is a gigantic success and Nintendo first have to proof that amiibo will be anywhere close as successful as Skylanders.