How much are you willing to pay for ultra rare amiibos?

#41mario6464646464Posted 6/16/2014 9:40:44 PM
KaiserWarrior posted...
mario6464646464 posted...
KaiserWarrior posted...
I would pay $0, because the very concept of amiibo is rancid anethema to good video game design and ethical dealings with customers. Sell me a complete game, not a game that has been hacked to pieces in an attempt to upsell me on rinky-dink little figurines.

the game is complete.

No it is not. It is missing features that are included in the code, but must be unlocked by purchasing extra figures external to the game, above and beyond the original retail price. All amiibo is, is a way to slip Day One On-Disc DLC to an audience of loyal Nintendo dupes that don't know any better.

it just giving us a better AI could be worse buy one to unlock thay characters.
#42StevenDrkPrincePosted 6/16/2014 9:49:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw
---
(3DS FC: 4296-3067-2375)(GT/NNID: StevenDrkPrince)
With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone.
#43NathanmgPosted 6/17/2014 2:03:10 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...

No it is not. It is missing features that are included in the code, but must be unlocked by purchasing extra figures external to the game, above and beyond the original retail price. All amiibo is, is a way to slip Day One On-Disc DLC to an audience of loyal Nintendo dupes that don't know any better.

A) No game is ever complete, hence patches, expansion packs etc. Sequels and the like existing shows that the "story" isn't complete in many cases.

B) As long as the content seperate from the figures is worth the original cost, that already included on-disc stuff is something that isn't being charged for until you decide you want to expand on your experience, which is literally no different.

As another more extreme example, if a company bundled two games together only charging for one of them but not allowing you to play the second until you paid an unlock fee, you'd still be getting the "complete" game you PAID for, you just happen to have extra useless code bundled in with it. Sure you'll still whine that you're entitled to have both games just because they were provided on the same disc but to claim that you didn't get what you paid for is silly. Again though, no game is ever complete, nature of software.
#44wingo84Posted 6/17/2014 2:14:15 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
mario6464646464 posted...
KaiserWarrior posted...
I would pay $0, because the very concept of amiibo is rancid anethema to good video game design and ethical dealings with customers. Sell me a complete game, not a game that has been hacked to pieces in an attempt to upsell me on rinky-dink little figurines.

the game is complete.

How could it be on the Disc when the sole purpose is that you can cary it around with you, use it on multiple devices etc? Man, some people really don't have a clue.
---
"Agnes wore sexy clothes, and it was awesome!" - Ringabell
Wii U NNID - Wingo84 - - - 3DS FC - 2122-7025-1013 (PM me so I can add back)
#45Opethian5Posted 6/17/2014 2:26:31 AM(edited)
Like TC i would pay max 200$ but only if it's a rare character i can unlock in a game or something.
#46SushiSuplexPosted 6/17/2014 2:30:26 AM
I'll pay a up to 30 for a Rosalina amiibo
---
"I put Miis in the game because f*** you! Have you ever made a video game?" ~ Sakurai
#47NathanmgPosted 6/17/2014 3:17:21 AM
wingo84 posted...

How could it be on the Disc when the sole purpose is that you can cary it around with you, use it on multiple devices etc? Man, some people really don't have a clue.

The ability for the game to incorporate the figurines is a result of code, which (at least in the case of Smash and future produced games) is already included on the disc is the point he's making.
#48nonexistingheroPosted 6/17/2014 4:23:33 AM
I dunno. Amiibo's I'll be getting:

- My main in Smash 4 (could also be one of the following characters)
- Probably Mario, since lots of Mario games and it may have a lot of use. But not getting it at launch and no doubt it will not be rare (and I kinda doubt he'd be my main)
- Link, just because I think he's cool and like Zelda games. Probably not at launch though, unless he's my main. And I doubt it would be rare.
- Shulk. Has a good chance of becoming my main, but I love Xenoblade and there's also a good chance this one ends up being rather rare. I would be willing to pay a little bit more for it than a standard Amiibo. Anyway, I think it'd be a good idea to snatch this one up the moment it's available. Of course, this is assuming Shulk will be playable. If not, then I'll just stick with the previous 2/3.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#49ssjgohhkuPosted 6/19/2014 1:11:39 PM
Looks like Nintendo should enter the toy business.
#50MinamoPosted 6/19/2014 2:01:18 PM
About $7.99