LOZ WiiU vista photo is 1080p on presskit, but every other pics are 720p right?

#11Frozenx07Posted 6/16/2014 2:30:17 AM
I feel the same way. I miss the days when people played games because they're fun.
#12StarmanJunior64Posted 6/16/2014 2:40:13 AM
Earthworm_Jim posted...
zero_x300 posted...
It doesn't ****ing matter.

This

Why do you even care?

thank you! finally some normal people!
---
Playing: Tales of Phantasia, Mario Kart 8, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, and Metroid Prime: Hunters
#13darkjedilinkPosted 6/16/2014 8:20:03 AM
noutBr posted...
Earthworm_Jim posted...
zero_x300 posted...
It doesn't ****ing matter.

This

Why do you even care?

I just wanted 1920x1080 screens so I could use them as wallpaper, why else would someone want screens in a high resolution :P

This. People need to stop immediately assume other people are graphics whores just because the number 1080 comes up.
---
Third-party games on Nintendo consoles haven't sold well since the GameCube because they don't perform as well as they should, and that's somehow our fault.
#14MetroidJunkiePosted 6/16/2014 8:21:23 AM
MorNehtaOjin posted...
who cares if it's 1080 or 720 ?

it will destroy ps4 ( 1080 or not ) games when it's out . fact.

so all this 1080p crap talk should stop.

Many people will favor it, that's the fact. Destroying the Ps4 games, quality wise, is an opinion. Let's not let fanboyism turn opinions into facts, please.
#15blastcode95Posted 6/16/2014 8:27:40 AM
I would not be surprised if its 1080p native at 30fps, Nintendo knows to use the hardware while as I read some stupid comments about TLOZ Wii U claiming like it is going to be sub-HD. Oh NeoGAF, never stop amazing me how stupid you are and dont do any research.
#16DaLaggaPosted 6/16/2014 9:11:11 AM(edited)
Frozenx07 posted...
I feel the same way. I miss the days when people played games because they're fun.

That's odd. I've been gaming nearly 30 years and never remember a time when people didn't care about graphics. That was always the major selling point of a new console and always a major factor of rivalry between fanboys of competing systems. If anything, Nintendo was the worst of all when it came to bragging about graphics and even named an entire system (along with many games) after their console's supposed power, represented by the almighty bit!

MorNehtaOjin posted...
who cares if it's 1080 or 720 ?

so all this 1080p crap talk should stop.

The Witcher 3 says hi. It makes Zelda look like a cheap child's toy by comparison.

blastcode95 posted...
I would not be surprised if its 1080p native at 30fps, Nintendo knows to use the hardware while as I read some stupid comments about TLOZ Wii U claiming like it is going to be sub-HD. Oh NeoGAF, never stop amazing me how stupid you are and dont do any research.

Nintendo has never really worked any magic. Their games just rely on a cutesy colorful art style to hide graphical shortcomings. Everything we know about the Wii U, including Nintendo's own games, supports the idea that the Wii U is only about on par with the x360 overall. If that Zelda footage were 720p, then this would fall inline with what we already know because even the x360 should be able to handle that. If it's 1080p and looks like that, then it blows everything we know out of the water and would prove that the Wii U is a lot faster than the x360 or PS3.

Somehow, I very seriously doubt that the latter will end up being the case. As with MK8 and so many other titles that were claimed to be 1080p but turned out to be 720p (that Cinemablend article is looking quite hilarious now), I doubt that this will be any different. Remember, WWHD was 1080p, looked like crap compared to most 7th gen games, and still stuttered and sputtered badly at times despite only targeting 30fps. If the Wii U were able to handle these kinds of visuals in 1080p, then why couldn't it manage even far lesser visuals in WWHD and hold a steady framerate?
#17trenkenPosted 6/16/2014 9:16:28 AM
MorNehtaOjin posted...

Lol MGS and Batman have me a lot more excited. Cool opinion though, we all have them.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#18SlimeSwayzePosted 6/16/2014 9:37:29 AM
If it ends up 720p, I just hope that they use some sort of AA. Ever since I've upgraded to a 50" LED, the difference between 720p and 1080p is pretty significant, and even more so when the game has no AA. In a huge game like this, seeing heavy aliasing on all of the objects in the environment will be a big distraction.
---
Currently Playing: LoZ: Minish Cap, Dark Souls 2, and Ys: Memories of Celceta.
#19Lefty128kPosted 6/16/2014 12:08:45 PM
Frozenx07 posted...

"Back in the day", people were just as concerned for good graphics as they are now. So you kiddies who sit there and spout this nonsense just make me LOL.
#20Frozenx07Posted 6/16/2014 12:28:23 PM
DaLagga posted...
Frozenx07 posted...

That's odd. I've been gaming nearly 30 years and never remember a time when people didn't care about graphics. That was always the major selling point of a new console and always a major factor of rivalry between fanboys of competing systems. If anything, Nintendo was the worst of all when it came to bragging about graphics and even named an entire system (along with many games) after their console's supposed power, represented by the almighty bit!

Caring about graphics and judging a game purely on graphics are two different things.