Pikmin 3 or Zelda wind waker for a 5 year old

#21DeathSnipe777Posted 6/17/2014 2:06:39 PM
Pikmin 3 requires a lot of coordination and whatnot. Go with Zelda.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#22Bodnerchuk(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 2:08:24 PM
I'm leaning towards wind waker, he's kinda awful to play with so I don't wanna get wii party u, plus getting that would be better physically for the wii mote, it's for my nephew btw
#23HeroicSomaCruzPosted 6/17/2014 2:13:22 PM
novelaa posted...
both games are hard for a 5 year old

At age 7, I beat Blind's Dungeon in A Link to the Past.

At age 5? I found Special Zone in Super Mario World and beat the game.

It's not about the game being challenging. I haven't played Pikmin 3 yet, but I'm positive kids of any age will appreciate The Legend of Zelda.
---
NNID: OgnarPliskin. I stream games. Dark Souls, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and more.
twitch.tv/ognarpliskin
#24PsychoWolfXPosted 6/17/2014 2:13:25 PM
I don't know a thing about Pikmin, but I really don't think WW would be a terrible choice. If the kid in question has a lot of patience and enjoys a good challange (uncommon for a 5 year old, but possible) WW might be just the game for him.

NSMBU would probably be the safest bet though.
---
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938
- From the desk of Admiral PsychowolfX
#25mhayes86Posted 6/17/2014 2:15:32 PM
Kabuto_Y posted...
Zelda. As a 5 year old, you don't care about "beating" the game like most people here are thinking. Pikmin is going to be a lot more difficult to control, and a lot more punishing if you don't do well.

I could see a 5 year old just getting lost on Outset island for an hour and enjoying it. I can't say the same for Pikmin.

This exactly.

While some say choose an easier game, I was playing Zelda & Zelda 2 around the time I was 5, but whether or not I actually got very far, I had a lot of fun messing around, exploring, and pretty much just doing that off and on for a while (a couple years even) and alternating between games until I actually understood how to progress. A parent guiding a child can certainly help. My mother would help me through Zelda 1 & 2, my father with Megaman and Castlevania, and I did the same with my niece with some games when she was younger.

Between Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3, I'd go with Wind Waker. Don't expect your kid to finish it since they'll probably have enough fun progressing as far as they can and just exploring the world, but help them out if need be. Maybe they'll come back to it and finish it one day.
#26EsperValkyriePosted 6/18/2014 12:41:43 PM
When I registered My nephews' copy of MK8, I talked them into Zelda. Granted they aren't as young as the child you are talking about (one is seven, the other eleven) but Something like Zelda might help them to get interested in reading, as the game has a lot of dialogue, where as Pikmin, while fun, might just lose their interest.
---
"thou art I, and I am Thou..."
#27KevaSanPosted 6/18/2014 12:42:47 PM
Pikmin 3 is very difficult at times, there's a lot of management, multi-tasking and demanding things, so for a 5 year old, it won't be super.

Zelda is more friendly and fun,

I'd go with NSMBU though, too.
#28PrincessTsukiPosted 6/18/2014 12:46:19 PM
novelaa posted...
both games are hard for a 5 year old

Not really. Pikmin could be difficult for the little one to understand, but Wind Waker isn't too bad. I remember beating the game when I was 7 or 8. It may even teach them to read a little bit, since especially important words and phrases are often highlighted.
#29Ghost-inZeShellPosted 6/18/2014 1:18:27 PM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
#30_s_e_r_Posted 6/19/2014 4:41:15 PM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
DeathSnipe777 posted...

Exactly this.
---
NNID: s_e_r_O
Two up, two down, left, right, left, right, B, A...