Nintendo: Third-party publishers will return as Wii U sees more system sellers

#1That_Damn_KidPosted 6/19/2014 7:48:06 PM
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/06/nintendo-third-party-publishers-will-return-as-wii-u-sees-more-system-sellers/
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89/// X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
#2Kromlech06Posted 6/19/2014 7:55:42 PM
"Third parties will return."

http://pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/

Yea maybe they should stay away.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 6/19/2014 7:57:27 PM
Kind of doubt it. The power gap has set up a situation like last gen: the Nintendo system will get ports as long as the previous gen's systems get ports (well, that's kind of already fell off with the U) and the difference in power between the Nintendo platform and the other current gen systems will keep the multiplats from appearing on the U. It's going to come down again to whether or not Nintendo customers will buy enough third party games on a console to justify putting one on the platform, and that's historically not been great.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#4JobocanPosted 6/19/2014 7:58:15 PM
Third parties have been away from Nintendo for a long time now. At best we'll get what Kromlech posted (and then the 3rd parties will complain that their stuff doesn't sell).
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection
#5ssjgohhkuPosted 6/22/2014 7:57:58 AM
Third parties will soon come crawling back to Nintendo begging for forgiveness. Kart and Smash will ensure this.
#6vermilion99Posted 6/22/2014 7:59:51 AM
ssjgohhku posted...
Third parties will soon come crawling back to Nintendo begging for forgiveness. Kart and Smash will ensure this.

How that work out for the N64 and GameCube?
#7TheMisterManGuyPosted 6/22/2014 8:07:09 AM
Do people have some bias towards exclusives? Exclusives are possibly the best option 3rd parties have for the Wii U right now.
#8bigjnycPosted 6/22/2014 8:34:25 AM
I have no problem with 3 party Wii U exclusives actually I welcome but the problem comes from what exclusives the Wii U gets. I have a feeling that a well made GTA, Batman Arkham, Call of Duty, or even Assassin's Creed Wii U exclusive would sell well. But what Wii U gets as exclusive is Wonderful 101 or Zombie quality asside no matter what people say they want to play what they know. So even if they were on lets say 360 I wouldn't expect those games to have done much better anyway. I am pretty sure they sold between 500 to 800k which really isn't that bad.
---
XBL Mii Verse-bigJnyc. Feel free to add me message me Gamefaqs. I get Nintendo systems for Mario and Zelda Xbox systems for Halo and Gears of War
#9Master XPosted 6/22/2014 10:03:06 AM
Maybe Japanese developers. Western ones, other than shovel ware? Not a chance. Look at how they treat the 3DS. Nintendo has many problems of its own making, reasons enough for developers not to bother, but quite a lot secretly just don't want to release stuff on Nintendo, even when those reasons are removed. 3DS has the numbers, is cheap to make games for, almost guarantees making some money. Western devs still just don't care. The 3DS is not the latest in whatever max technology is out and most western developers only want to make the latest shiny and pretty big budget game, even if they lose money (usually on a game that sells enough, but cost so much they barely make anything. They'd rather go bankrupt making a big budget "shiny 'n' pretty" and get gobbled up by one of the big devs than make a 3DS game.
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."